Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
I hadn't heard that. Both locations are owned by the same company. Had it been reversed and they closed Bedford, I would have been really frustrated.

Infiniti of Bedford is OK, but nothing to brag about. I have had decent service and always a nice loaner car, but that was after a very rocky start when I first bought my FX. They blamed the new phone system on every snafu for a while which drove me crazy. Since then things have improved.

·
Registered
597 Posts
From what I remember - in the 90s - that store used to be owned by the same people who owned Metro Lexus. At some point they also had an Acura franchise - which came and went - sharing the showroom with Infiniti. Bunch of a-holes, as far as I recall. Tried to sell me a radioless Panasonic cassette deck for $795. I drove down the street to a Nissan store and bought it for $300 :roll: .
That's not the best part, though. I told them I'd buy a new Infiniti if they knock $100 off their asking price. The dickhead salesman comes back from GM and says - they'd if I'm willing to buy a dealer demo which they'd have to drive up all the way from Cincinnati. Are you following ? They were going to send a car with 2 people down there, and then drive back up to Cleveland in my new Infiniti - with a few hundred miles on it - as part of a dealer swap or buy-out. Rather than giving me an on-the-spot $100 discount and closing the deal, they were prepared to go thru all that hassle :? . ****, with such business acumen I'm suprised they didn't close shop years ago.
Bedford store was owned by Lee Seidman. Who also owned Acura and Toyota dealerships across the street. He later added M-B franchise. And that's who I ended up buying my car from.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I actually know the GM of both through a mutal friend. I haven't called him yet to ask him about it.

The service guy told my wife this Monday while they were resetting my TPS for me. So today is the last day they are supposed to be open.

Some got transferred to Bedford, and some didn't. This really isn't a good sign, as there isn't even an Inifniti dealer in either Sandusky or Toledo. People over there are really hosed.

Isn't there one in Akron too? Anybody been there?

There's no way I'm driving the FX45 to Bedford just to have the oil changed. Guess I'll start doing it myself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.