Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed a clicking noise has started from my engine bay. I've tried turning off the AC, etc and it's not that. I opened the hood today and listened around and it sounds like it's coming from the front driver's side area. I'll take it to the dealer when it's time for my 30K mile service (about 1500 miles or so), but thought I'd ask the experts here for thoughts.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Like from the engine when running, or going over bumps etc?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know about this much *_* about engines... Is "valve tap" something I need to take my car in for right away, or is it something that can wait 1000 miles or so?

Not sure what oil is in the engine - whatever the dealer uses...

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
it depends on what you are hearing with valves tapping. a lot of times, valves will tap when the car if first started after being cold (i.e.. oil is in the pan and needs to circulate). but it will go away in a few minutes.

if the tapping is very loud and/or it doesnt go away after a few minutes of cold start, i would be worried. check the oil level. if its ok, then i may not be valve tap, or it may be related to the valves (i.e.. lifters or somthing making noise). ... take it to the shop.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to all

Thanks to all for the replies...

Got the FX from the shop last night. Apparently the fuel dampers were sticking causing a rise in fuel pressure.

·
Registered
277 Posts
im having the same problem too , have an appointment tomorrow to get it checked out. I also am using Royal purple 5W30...should i be using something else?

·
Registered
31 Posts
tapping low idle

I have that on mine too, had it earlier about after a year, approx 20K, now it's recurring, 40K
I'll have it checked out,
thanks for the info

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.