Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night, when my fx was parked in the cold, driver seat started making clicking noise when I tried to slide it back. There was no clicking noise when when adjusting the seat in any other way, only sliding backwards. I checked and there was nothing that could have been on the seat track to prevent backward motion. This was happening only for one evening and then stopped. Anything similar happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I think I heard something similar the other night when it was near zero out. I haven't heard it since then, but the car has also not been that cold recently.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Paperboy. I still keep on hearing the clicking noise (couple of times a day, at random) so most likely will pay my dealer a visit. :x

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
sounds like the gearing isnt catching or something. im not sure how the motors drive the seats, but i would think that its some sort of gearing mechanism. possibly the seat is sticking and the motor is getting to a point where it cannot break the seat free from its current position.

you might need some lube on the rails where the seat slides.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
...similar thing happened to the steering wheel. I have it programmed that it slides down when car is started. This morning it got stuck in the upper position when I started the car cold. Interesting...

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Took my car to the dealer yesterday to fix the seat problem and to my bad luck, everything was working fine once I got there. Decided to leave it there overnight so that the problem can be duplicated in the morning. I just called them and got an update that power seat module is being replaced. The bad news is that I will not get the car back until tomorrow... :(

Oh well, it's a small price to pay to get the clickinig power seat fixed. Did I mention that they are replacing the center console too? This should stop the rattle... Two problems solved! 8)

Kris

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What was wrong with the center console?
Excessive noise / rattle. Hopefully that will fix it...
I'm sorry if I confused you. These two things were totally separate (not related) but I am trying to get both of them fixed.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
...just picked up my car. Everything is now fixed. One comment regarding the center console rattle... The new console is very solid and tight. I am very surprised by the difference. The old one was very shaky and loose. The new one is very tight.
If you are hearing excessive rattle in your center console, go get it replaced. It worked for me. :D

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Check to see if they used any FELT as a fix on the undersides of your console.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Excuse a dumb question... What is FELT?

They did replace center console lid (part# CONSOLE BOX -96920-CG712.)

An FYI, for the clicking seat, they replaced seat adjuster (part# ADJUSTER ASSY - FRONT - 84750-CG010)

Kris

1 - 11 of 11 Posts