Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a Infiniti Fx35 2003 with some weird issues. I charge the battery with a battery charger and after a long while connected to my wall socket it turns on runs everything is on great. The next morning I go to turn on the car and it doesn’t make a sound it doesn’t turn on nothing no lights or anything. I go to charge my battery and heard this loud clicking noise coming close from the battery when I touched the fuse box behind the battery I can feel the clicking I pulled every relay still can hear the clicking. I leave the car charging and I go inside the car and can hear a tap/click from the bottom right where the fuse is. Then a click and tap where the battery is on the outside ? Any ideas??? I took a video but don’t know how to upload it lol

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just came home after 4+ hours of charging the battery turned and it turned on had aaa come out for testing they tested starter alternator and battery all in great condition turns out I have a electrical problem that’s killing the battery

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Turns out it was a parasitic draw!!!!!! Lol I ran the tests and pulled my fuses started 2amps pulled my radio fuse since radio/heated seats/ and interior lights are the usual common suspects and it was a 1 for 1 lol pulling the radio fuse made it drop to - .10. the previous owner (idk who it’s an auction car) has installed an aftermarket usb/aux cable my guess is he either vampire wired from radio or he just has a bad electrician. To double confirm I plugged fuse back in ran a no contact electrical tester and touched my Klein tester to the usb and it lit up meaning it’s hot. Hopefully it’s the final fix and get this car going

1 - 4 of 4 Posts