Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
itttttsss...... back!!

Captain "McClick" has moved back in to me driver's chair......

brought his friend Sargent "McRock" with him...........

i have had this worked on (seemed to be fine!) once already, but now the clicks are back, and are very frequent...

i can eliminate them by changing my seat geometry, but dont fully like the other positions as much......

what gives with these dang chairs!!!

i say we get some sparco seats w/ 6 pnt. harnesses and be done with it, eh TJ??

anyway, im gonna make another appt. to have this looked at....

anyone have any similar stories??

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
:(

Thank god I dont have that rocking, clicking problem... otherwise I would have sold my car.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I think a couple of lawn chairs would outperform the current ones. Thankfully I don't have the rock, click,tick or "bubble" as yet. (knocking on wood).

·
Registered
24 Posts
FXcellent said:
I think a couple of lawn chairs would outperform the current ones. Thankfully I don't have the rock, click,tick or "bubble" as yet. (knocking on wood).

LMAO :lol:

I've got the McClick and McRock chillin with me in the FX :D

Time to blow this P.O.S. to pieces...my 03 Altima didn't have nearly as many dumb ass issues as my 40K "luxury" vehicle :D

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
esemes said:
itttttsss...... back!!

Captain "McClick" has moved back in to me driver's chair......

brought his friend Sargent "McRock" with him...........

i have had this worked on (seemed to be fine!) once already, but now the clicks are back, and are very frequent...

i can eliminate them by changing my seat geometry, but dont fully like the other positions as much......

what gives with these dang chairs!!!

i say we get some sparco seats w/ 6 pnt. harnesses and be done with it, eh TJ??

anyway, im gonna make another appt. to have this looked at....

anyone have any similar stories??
They fixed mine this past Wed. so I will keep you posted.

But, they CANNOT fix the squealing brakes.....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not to hijack but....

My dealer in Atlanta replaced my rear pads this week - no questions asked. It seems to have fixed the squealing problem. My advisor said these are updated pads with a different composition.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
resolved (see other creeeky seat thread too)

jus got my FX back today; second attempt to stop the click/minor shift (aka rocking) of the driver's seat:::

history::

i drive with the seat set at it's lowest height, and, with the base angled as far toward the rear as posible (that is to say the front of the base of the seat is higher than the rear, inner, part of the base of the seat)

1st attempt::

01/15/04 service done = ITB03-037 (tracks and pivots cleaned and lubed with silicon grease)

results::

worked flawlessly for three weeks...... then the clicks started back, but with less frequency than before....

in mid feb, it was back to original frequency...

2nd attempt::

02/20/04 service done = _______ (internal failure at driver side seat - replace seat adjuster and retest..)

new lower seat assembly, pivot, and motor installed.... (revised part)

seems perfect now (sounds a bit different when adjusting also, okay!)

good luck... you might have to get the first TSB done before they'll order the new parts.... took several weeks for the parts to arrive, in my case...

all in all, i am very satisfied..

-sms

·
Registered
68 Posts
Time to blow this P.O.S. to pieces...my 03 Altima didn't have nearly as many dumb ass issues as my 40K "luxury" vehicle :D
I paid more like $50k and don't have the click, rock or bubbles. See you should have paid more... :D

·
Registered
848 Posts
SoundFX said:
I paid more like $50k and don't have the click, rock or bubbles. See you should have paid more... :D
I paid more like $52k and don't have the bubbles, but had the click, and still have the rock... :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts