Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the same post as the one on forums.freshalloy.com - (I NEED HELP!!):

OK...my fx35 (sports, tech, and touring package) has just recently started to make "clek clek" noise whenever it hits reasonable small street bumps. Has anyone experienced this problem!??? Please share the outcome and what-not. I think I'm going to bring it to the dealer to get it resolved. Hopefully, nothing major. The noise is sooo annoying, and I don't feel confident driving with it.

Thank you in advance for any info.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Same problem need help also.

Jim

·
Registered
882 Posts
probably coming from your drivers seat...there is a TSB out for it

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
I got the seat fixed on mine, its comming from the front suspension.

Jim

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
jimsbmw said:

Jim
Yeah, but you have springs and that issue has popped up with others, hasn't it?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jimsbmw said:

Jim
My case is also coming from the front suspension; it has never made this noise before.

·
Registered
220 Posts
take.the.RED.pill said:
My case is also coming from the front suspension; it has never made this noise before.
I have 2 distinct noises in my truck. One is the knock from the front suspension that others have complained about. The other sounds like it's similar to the one you're having. I hear it coming more from under the truck when the windows are rolled down and it sounds similar to droping about 4 or 5 loosely stacked quarters from one hand to your other (can't think of any other way to describe it).

I just had it at the dealer yesterday (second time now) and they gave the standard canned response of "No noise heard at this time". I swear, I think these guys just hop in your car, find the smoothest possible roads, crank up the radio and run down to Dunkin Donuts for some breakfast.

Phil

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hear it coming more from under the truck when the windows are rolled down and it sounds similar to droping about 4 or 5 loosely stacked quarters from one hand to your other (can't think of any other way to describe it).
Yeah, I think I know what you're talking about. I also have this issue! heehee...but it doesn't bother me much as it would probably not cause any major mechanical problem. The other "clek clek" is the one I'm most worrying about.

I just had it at the dealer yesterday (second time now) and they gave the standard canned response of "No noise heard at this time". I swear, I think these guys just hop in your car, find the smoothest possible roads, crank up the radio and run down to Dunkin Donuts for some breakfast.

Phil
I sure hope my dealer is not doing something similar. Otherwise I would definitely bi***! And I just don't have the time to make multiple trips to the dealer.

Anyway, right now I'm waiting for the dealer to call me back; he was "busy"...of course he is. Yeah, more like busy crapping out those 5 gagillion lbs. of donuts :) Though I haven't told him the problem. I'll definitely keep you guys updated.

·
Registered
551 Posts
your fender panels need spot welding....known problem.

And I am not kidding.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Fender pannels, since this is a known problem, so if I go to the dealer they would know what to do, or can some tell me where I need to tell the dealer to spot weld, hard explaining things that they have no idea about.

Sorry for all the questions

Jim

·
Registered
551 Posts
They will probably know nothing of it....since Infiniti does not want this as a Technical bulletin due to your car needing to go into the body shop for a week to fix it.

they have fixed two here now in Canada

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
FX4U2C said:
your fender panels need spot welding....known problem.

And I am not kidding.
Welding??? WTF? :-x OK this really blows...and fixing will take about a week??? I sure hope not...well..that's fine I guess. I'll just have to drive around the loaner car G35 :razz:

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
take.the.RED.pill said:
I'll just have to drive around the loaner car G35 :razz:
Heh, ok, a bit OT, but my service advisor told me that when the '05s roll in, their next fleet of loaner cars will be the current M45...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Heh, ok, a bit OT, but my service advisor told me that when the '05s roll in, their next fleet of loaner cars will be the current M45...
M45?? nice!!!

Anyway, I'm scheduled to bring my car to the dealer on Thursday of next week. I've told them about the potential fender or suspension problems. They said that they've never heard of this "clek clek" problem which I think a typical reaction (at least for this dealer). Thank you for all your valuable inputs. This forum is friggin' awesome!

·
Registered
551 Posts
My friend just got his 45 back, all welded up, no more pops.
Took 1 week

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Can you describe around what area in the fender that was welded, I called the dealer in Taiwan and like in the US they never heard about this problem.

Jim

·
Registered
551 Posts
Jim, I am unsure. They did not say exactly where they have to re weld.I will be making an appt for mine to be welded on Tuesday.
I will get full information then.

May I ask what kind of Fogs you are using at 5K ??

thx

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Right now I am running the Phillips 5000k HID set up in my fog lights, I wanted to get close to my Phillips 6k head light setup.

Jim

·
Registered
551 Posts
Hmm, Can you please explain this fog lamp hid retro fit ?
Did it come as a kit ? Was it easily installed ?

thx

i too run Phillips 6k ultinons

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
I purchased the whole kit including the wiring, the transformer for the HID and the bulbs and replaced the original stock fog lights with this new setup.

Jim

In Taiwan the total cost for the setup was about US$500.00

1 - 20 of 29 Posts