Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, i'm gonna clear out my headlights. Does anyone have a digram on how to remove the headlight houseing? I've heard that with Infiniti's you don't have to remove the bumper and that the housing slied out after removing a few bolts. This is the only thing holding me up right now.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
How are you going to clear them out? Doesn't thisrequire baking them in the oven or something to separate the lens from the housing? I'd be aweful afraid of not being able to seal them back up properly and screwing up my expensive lights, but if you're going to give it a go, make sure to take pics and post a how-to.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've done this before with my Acura TL. Just take the HID balast off, back in the over at 200 for 3 min and pry apart. Get some silicon sealent and seal back up.
I need to know how to remove the headlights. Anyone have a diagram?

Also, should I paint the chrom part black?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
You are certainly braver than I am. :D

Good luck!!

Attachments

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Exactly what I was looking for...you are da man!

BTW, could I also get the sheet on how to remove the front bumper. Thanks...

I probably won't get around to doing this till october but i'll keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
No problemo

"FRONT BUMPER PFP:F2022
Removal and Installation AIS00379
CAUTION:
Bumper fascia is made of resin. Do not apply strong force to it, and be careful to prevent contact with
oil."

Attachments

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
hm.. the pics were posted backwards.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dang..thats a lot of work...removing my bumper :( for my acura was soo much easier

·
Registered
599 Posts
Wat do you mean by "clearing out" your headlights?

I was thinking about opening mine up and spraying the chrome part black. My brother did this on his IS300 and it seemed easy enough to do.

But... You can find a lot of spare headlights for the IS300 but you can't do the same for the FX so if you mess up it'll cost you an arm and a leg!!!

Be careful!

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Ak1nza said:
What do you mean by "clearing out" your headlights?
I would assume he intends to remove the amber side marker reflector from inside the housing.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
You decide to go for it or not?

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
still debating...also don't have too much time right now.

·
Registered
94 Posts
yeah thats a lot of work!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Speaking of the headlight assembly. Anyone have good experience with cleaning the inside of the front lense without taking everything apart? With my new whiter/bluer bulbs, HIDs and stuff, the slightly cloudy (dirty) lense stands out even more though this car is always garaged and only has around 11K. I'm sure there is some way to clean it through one of the small bulb openings. Maybe some sort of flexible "snake" that one can tie baby wipes to? =P I'm sure theres a viable solution. Maybe some musical instrument snakes (trumpets, flute, etc.)?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
RU_MATRX said:
Speaking of the headlight assembly. Anyone have good experience with cleaning the inside of the front lense without taking everything apart? With my new whiter/bluer bulbs, HIDs and stuff, the slightly cloudy (dirty) lense stands out even more though this car is always garaged and only has around 11K. I'm sure there is some way to clean it through one of the small bulb openings. Maybe some sort of flexible "snake" that one can tie baby wipes to? =P I'm sure theres a viable solution. Maybe some musical instrument snakes (trumpets, flute, etc.)?
Good point, I have some on mine too and it's bugging me, On my previous car...I removed the housing and pull water thru the bulbs openings, shake it up and let it dry and that was a big mistake cause it left out lots of water spots on the lense( Now, I am thinking about doing that with rain water) ....if you want use some type of wipes make sure they lint free,also keep in mind that the chrome and the lenses are extremely sensitive, they'll get scratch easily.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts