Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if they make clear reflectors for the rear bumper to replace the red ones...?

I just contacted BlueBat to see if he could make anything to smoke them out...but think clear would look much better.

I'll let you guys know when I hear back from him...

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
No clear reflectors available that I know of. I'd smoke 'em.

For those on this board that don't know, BlueBatmobile is a My350Z member that makes and markets all kinds of interior/exterior overlays for lights and trim pieces. I'm thinking of smoking the tail lights on my Z... you can see his stuff here:
http://photobucket.com/albums/y42/BlueB ... ?start=all

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
he's yet to respond to me yet...I'll post here when he does...

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
fx45copper said:
Why do people put SKYLINE letters on the back of a G35?
I believe it is because the G35 is the US version of the Japanese Skyline body.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
terps4 said:
fx45copper said:
Why do people put SKYLINE letters on the back of a G35?
I believe it is because the G35 is the US version of the Japanese Skyline body.
yes, that's correct...came out in Japan as a Nissan Skyline well before it got rebadged from Infiniti and named a "G"

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Something that just occured to me on my drive home yesterday while stuck in traffic...a 350Z pulled in front of me and I checked out his rear bumper. A thought came to mind that those clear rear reflectors (are they even reflectors or are they turn signals ?) looked almost exactly like the same size as the red ones on our FX's.

Haven't done any research on this...but if anyone on the forum has both cars or has access to measuring both, that would be interesting to find out.

And if they are turn signals, yet the same size, we should be able to mod it in some way to fit, no ?

Thoughts anyone...???

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does anyone know if they're even the same size...???

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
They house the turn signals AND the back-up lights. They are very different from the red reflectors on the FX bumper; they are much longer and curve around the side of the bumper.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Would the reflectors on the FX maintain their reflective quality if they were tinted? Not that I'm adamnat that they do, but i just hate to lose the functionality on any part of the car.

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
Just wondering, do you need the whole car for the overlays? Could you test it out using just the reflective lens that cost, as I recall, about $25 ea?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bat...didn't see you posted on here...I emailed you back from last weekend...tell me when and where and let's do it...

Josh

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bat...if you're still in Mira Mesa, I drive by you twice a day...live downtown and work up in Escondido...

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Talked w/ Bat today...we're supposed to meet up tomorrow...we'll do one thing at a time...

I'd like to see (in this order):

-Rear Reflector Overlays
-Front Side Marker Overlays
-Rear Side Marker Overlays
-Tail Light Overlays

Can't think of anything else...can anyone else think of anything...?

·
Registered
883 Posts
EXCELLENT!

Thanks for going. I'm in on the reflector thing too.
Have him look the entire car over and suggest some other items that can be done, tint, carbon look, etc.

THX

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.