Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I just wanted to know If the quote I received for putting clear bra on my FX was a decent or if the guy was trying to rip me off. Basically he said $2200 for the whole car. This includes front and rear bumbers, hood, side mirrors, all 4 doors, fenders, quarter panels and trunk. If this is a rip off Can someone recommend a installer/dealer in the central NJ area

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Why on Earth would you want to clear bra the entire car? Man, I thought I was anal. Dude, they have medication for what you're suffering from...

·
Registered
789 Posts
I negotiated my clear bra as part of my deal but the dealer was asking $750 for: front bumper, 14 inches up the hood, 4 inches of the fenders, mirrors. I paid an extra $100 for 8 inch shark fins from back door bottoms up to door jams behind handle.
I would seriously think about not having the entire surface covered. Nothing against the idea, but I don't think it's possible to mold the tape without cutting it periodically. By the time the job is done it may look pretty messed up or at least very obvious what was done.
The clear bra is definately a great product though. I can see a few spots on my tape that shows impacts where the paint would have surely chipped. I have 6K miles and not a single chip.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have never heard of applying clear tape to the WHOLE car...but the price sounds like a bargain...I paid 650 for mine (front bumper, hood, mirrors) and took the guy over 3 hours. It's been 2 years and still good as new. And, while washing the car, I can see where the bumper has met with stones/pebbles and saved me a trip to the body shop!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.