Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, any New Yorkers, preferably a LIer, with a clear bra. If so, can i have the 411?

tanx

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm in the market for one too. Maybe we can get a discount for a 2-fer.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I'd get in as long as it's relatively reasonable. I've been quoted anywhere between 750-1000 for basically seran wrapping my bumper.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Sounds like you're better off putting that money toward new paint every 3-5 years. ...if you need it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
PINITI-FX said:
Sounds like you're better off putting that money toward new paint every 3-5 years. ...if you need it.
I already have several chips on my bumper after only 4 months. Pretty much every major road around here is undergoing expansion or repaving of some sort. :cry:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup, same problem... :x

·
Registered
220 Posts
Based on a post at FA, I guess we might want to steer clear of Thomas Cheng. Anyone have any experience with Detailing Dynamics (also listed in that post)?

Searching on 3M's website I also found the following 3M authorized installers:

Clear-View Window Tinting Inc.
Phone: 631-598-7460
62 Merrick Road
Amityville, NY 11701
Note: No complaints with BBB last 36 months :)

Mint Finish Inc.
Phone: 718-986-0864
184 Whitman Drive
Brooklyn, NY 11234
Note: Cheesy website and no BBB records.

Recondition USA
Phone: 631-420-1500
200 Broadhollow Rd
Farmingdale, NY 11735

Anyone have any experience with any of these? I wouldn't mind using a place that does tinting also, since I'd like to get the front door glass tinted.

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
PhilP69 said:
Clear-View Window Tinting Inc.
Phone: 631-598-7460
62 Merrick Road
Amityville, NY 11701
Note: No complaints with BBB last 36 months :)
These guys used to do all my tinting work at another shop. They are excellent. Ask for Ralph or Vinny. They are brothers and the owners. Tell them John from Maximum sent you.

·
Registered
220 Posts
johnmax said:
These guys used to do all my tinting work at another shop. They are excellent. Ask for Ralph or Vinny. They are brothers and the owners. Tell them John from Maximum sent you.
Thanks for the info John.

PrayForSnow & ujmot,
I'd like to give these guys a call tomorrow and get some pricing. You guys OK with me telling them there could/would be 2 or 3 guys getting it done? I'm not going to commit anything to them yet, just looking for pricing info with some sort of mini-group buy.

Anyone else in the LI/NYC area interested? The more people, the better the pricing...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I dont mind at all.....thats awesome, lemme know what the guy says. if you dont mind, ask him what it costs to tint the front 2 windows...

·
Registered
220 Posts
PrayForSnow said:
I dont mind at all.....thats awesome, lemme know what the guy says. if you dont mind, ask him what it costs to tint the front 2 windows...
Will do - want to have the same done as well.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I just called Clear-View and they don't do clear bra's anymore because they were not happy with the results.

I spoke to Matt at Detailing Dynamics and he invited me to go to his shop and check out his personal FX35's clear bra. I'll probably go out there this Saturday to discuss options and pricing. He offerered a group discount when I told him there were several people from here that were interested. They also do window tinting as well.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sweet. Keep me posted, im still interested

·
Registered
441 Posts
If you would like some info on Matt Z...He is the detailing KING..He preps cars for concours events..( I have competed against him and lost) he is mr maticoulous...and loves cars..he also has some great products...for your exterior & int of your car...I can rec the ultimate cleaner...I can tell u that if u bring your car to matt u are in great hands...tell him Phil with the Red Turbo sent u...
Phil K.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I stopped by Detailing Dynamics today and I was very impressed. Matt keeps a very clean shop and there were no less than 4 Ferrari's there, including an F40. Magician, I have to agree with you - he definitely loves cars and seems to be a perfectionist. I also checked out the clear bra on his personal FX35 and a few customer cars and the workmanship looked excellent.

Ok - so here's the deal. We went over what he recommends doing and some pricing. He broke it down per piece:

Front Bumper ($395)
Full coverage, one piece custom fit/trimmed for the FX.

Hood ($75)
Covers from bottom of leading edge to break where hood transitions to horizontal.

Front Fender Wings ($75/pr)
Continues from the hood piece to a few inches behind the headlights.

Fog Lights ($75/pr)

"Shark Fins" ($195/pr)
Pieces for rear door to prevent chips from rocks etc. thrown up from the front tires. Matt's FX (with mud flaps) had chips there after only a few weeks, which is why he offers it. See my drawing below that shows approximately where it covers.

Matt asked me to relay to everyone that all pieces are custom fitted (not a kit) from the latest generation of 3M film which supposedly has better clarity and a longer warranty. He is also offering a group discount of 15% for 2 people, or 20% for 3 or more. :D Let me know if anyone else in the LI area is interested so we get in on the group rate.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Im deff. interested....ill get in touch with you next week. mmk?

·
Registered
220 Posts
So far it's me and PrayForSnow... anyone else in the LI/NYC area interested? We'll probably get it done in the next 2 weeks or so, so if you're interested let me know.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Clear Bra

I am takign delivery of my car this week and want to get the bra asap.

Let me know how to contact Matt.

Thanks

·
Registered
220 Posts
Re: Clear Bra

svolman said:
I am takign delivery of my car this week and want to get the bra asap.

Let me know how to contact Matt.

Thanks
Call Matt at his shop: (516) 747-4114

I had my truck done last week and it turned out great...

·
Registered
441 Posts
As I said last time matt is the man...He prepares high end cars for concours events...and gives talks on how to clean your wax and prepare it for wax...no need to worry if he wks on your car...
Phil Klipper

1 - 20 of 44 Posts