Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Stillen Intake with a K&N air filter. I think its time for a cleaning. Can someone please tell me the correct way to clean the filter (chemicals, procedure, Etc.) ? I understand that you have to let the filter completely dry before re-oiling. I want to make sure I leave my self with enough time...

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
K&N sells a kit for $16.95 if I remember right. Comes with instructions.

I will mention 2 important things. When you wash and rinse it ALWAYS rinse the opposite direction of the air flow. That way you are rinsing the dirt back out of the filter, instead of imbedding it deeper into the filter. Also NEVER use compressed air to clean or dry the filter.

Get the kit and you will be all set.

Hope that helped.

·
Registered
10 Posts
silverback said:
K&N sells a kit for $16.95 if I remember right. Comes with instructions.

I will mention 2 important things. When you wash and rinse it ALWAYS rinse the opposite direction of the air flow. That way you are rinsing the dirt back out of the filter, instead of imbedding it deeper into the filter. Also NEVER use compressed air to clean or dry the filter.

Get the kit and you will be all set.

Hope that helped.
Ditto. Very easy to do and follow the instructions given here. I've done it once now and my only regret was not knowing the oil came in a color other than blue! Just take your time and do it when you know you don't need to be driving, obviously. The filter does take a little while to dry out. In the summer should obviously be quicker, but it has got to be dry in order to re-absorb the new oil. And then you just have to be careful not to overspray the oil It is intuitive, really.

Good luck!

scott

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.