Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. Here are a couple probably dumb questions regarding what our FX is made out of. I don't want to use the wrong cleaner on anything.

- Are the soft pockets on the seat backs leather or vinyl? I just couldn't tell.

- Are the stock wheels clear coated, factory painted or what? I'm not sure what type of wheel cleaner to use.

- I asked this before, but didn't get a big response: What do you use to clean the upper dash, which is made of a different material than the lower, vinyl dash. Would vinyl cleaner be ok on the upper dash as well (avoiding the speakers of course).

- Any warnings against putting leather cleaner on the steering wheel?

Thanks, all.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
-seat backs are vinyl (including the pockets)

-Stock wheels are painted, so clean them as you would the rest of your paint

-Vinyl cleaner is fine on all parts of the dash, though mine never got dirty enought to warrant actually using a cleaning agent on it; I just shined it with 303 Aerospace protectant after dusting it.

-I wouldn't treat the steering wheel any differently than the rest of the leather as far as cleaning, but again, mine never got dirty enough to justify using a cleaner. I conditioned it along with the rest of my leather with Zaino Leather in a Bottle; that's all it ever needed.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
i just detailed my interior today. everything must said is right. i just used armorall vinyl prtectant wipes on the entire dash and all plastic parts. in fact, i just wipe right over the dash speakers and they liik fine (i.e.. no staining or anything).

·
Registered
789 Posts
I usually use murphys oil soap on the areas that have a tricky finish. It usually leaves a soft neutral finish. Then use a dressing if as needed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.