Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everybody..in canada we can not get chrome wheels as an option. :evil: my fx has the 18" wheels which are the alloys. my question is this: i saw a qx56 (or whatever the big mama is called) and it had 18" chrome wheels. will they fit the fx???? also, in the u.s, is the chrome wheel option only avavilable on the 20's? my other option may have to be chrome plating what i have. thanks

·
Registered
882 Posts
it probably would fit but the best bet is to get some numbers/specs of the rims to get a better idea.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ive got the service dep't checking it out for me..just thought someone may have known.

·
Registered
32 Posts
18" Chrome Wheels

I am interested in replacing my stock wheels for something in chrome. I don't what to loose the tire pressure gauge function but would like the chorme look. I have found some web sites that will change out factory wheels that have been chromed for $799 plus shipping. Don't know if the are as good as original chome wheels.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Mine are aftermarket chrome and you'd never know it. Chrome is chrome; there's only one way to do it regardless if they are commissioned by the factory or sent out and done after the fact. As long as they are stripped, prepped and done right by a good shop, there's no difference; sometimes aftermarket chrome will be even thicker. Unfortunately, there's no real way to tell if everything was "just right" when they were done, as you likely wouldn't run into any bubbling or peeling issues for a few years anyway. Some people look to see if the entire wheel is dipped or if only the face is dipped, but I don't really think it matters and isn't an indicator of quality for me.

I can say that that price is very good compared to the alternative, so I'd do it (in fact I did for about that price). Even if some sort of problem develops in a few years, it isn't a big deal to have them re-chromed.

As a side note, I had a set of very expensive (for their time) factory chromed MOMO Ferrari Engineering wheels on my Honda for eight years before I sold it and a couple of them started to bubble and peel a bit around the valve stems after five or six years. Still very minor and I never had them fixed b/c it just wasn't noticable unless you looked for it, but this is just to point out that there's no gaurantee that a factory chrome job is better than any other.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
found out today that teh bolt pattern is different..fx has 5, qz has 6. so it looks like after-market or plating the originals is the way to go..i'll probably look at plating to keep the original look. any detroit area folks know a good shop? thanks

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
MustGoFastR can you forward a co. name and @$ also do they chrome the center caps AND LOGO like the factory does? thank you others who have done this also, please offer same help. we're in PA.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
PINITI-FX said:
MustGoFastR can you forward a co. name and @$ also do they chrome the center caps AND LOGO like the factory does? thank you others who have done this also, please offer same help. we're in PA.
I have no idea who did mine; I got them through the dealership with the car. Th caente caps were chromed, but did not have logos. They gave me a set of standard center caps, which I removed the logos from and attached them to the chrome caps with BSM tape. All you'd need to do now is buy a set of '04 chrome caps.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Here is a place that Im considering.

$155.00 per wheel plus you pay for shipping.

Granted Im closer to California than you for cost of shipping.

http://excaliberpolishing.com

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
thank you, earlier today I thought about that as an option - so I called a few niti dealers parts depts. after picking myself up off the floor and then reaching for an oxygen mask I realized $45 - $60 each EACH did I say E A C H ! was pretty stiff to get the aftermarket / factory look. BTW has anyone noticed how easy our center caps pop out - wow thats scarry sad! must be a better way.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
chrome caps $25 ea. thats more realistic now I'll just call about s&h tom. and see if it's under $100 to PA - thanks Sweet. $155 x 4 = 620 + 100 + 100 = $820 + install / that works!

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
So far, this is the best place I have found. At least they listed their pricing on the web. I would like to find a place in CO due to the shipping. I think shipping for me would be $40 a tire plus insurance. :?

Let us know what you find out.

I have never used them or nor do I know anyone who used them.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
found OEMRIMS.com or OEMRIMS INC in Anaheim, CA to do FX exchange program - they send you already triple chrome plated wheels with center caps WITH LOGO (just like fac.) & chrome valve stems for $650 + ship. both ways (about $200) + refundable core charge dep. $800. Any one hear of / or use them yet?

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
I looked at their site but they dont have the FX on their list.
So you did call to get that pricing and did they give a turn around time? Sounds pretty good :eek:

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Yes, and now working with NITI dealers who are willing to entertain this as a chrome option. Please also see my other post in My FX / My Way - at invoice... also how do I stay logged on? Every time I return I must re-enter all info - and I checked the box.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts