Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The in-cabin microfilter lives behind the FX glovebox.

Check if you have a filter

1) Turn key to "on" position
2) Set vents to fresh air (outside air)
3) Open hood and remove battery inspection cover
4) Look behind the battery to see if the filter is installed

Replacing the microfilter

1) Use the following diagram to remove the glovebox from your FX

2) Now use the following diagram to replace the filter

keywords: microfilter in-cabin incabin cabin dust filter

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
excellent info DM!

on an aside::: The microfilter is NOT oem equipment on the 2003 FX's, but i believe was mainstreamed on the 2k4 versions....

i need some 2k4 owners to confirm/deny this one though....

i will be getting mine very soon, and am glad to have this info for the install (was gonna try to go thru the batt. side to install!)

thanks for the how-2.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Yes, they are standard equipment for '04s. They had to justify the cost increases of the car. Especially the Tech/MES combo costing 900 more than the '03. :roll:

·
Registered
286 Posts
ujmot said:
Yes, they are standard equipment for '04s. They had to justify the cost increases of the car. Especially the Tech/MES combo costing 900 more than the '03. :roll:
true
but with the upgraded passenger seat and roof rails becoming standard i think. the increase didnt seem out of whack IMHO

·
Registered
204 Posts
ujmot said:
The increase is really only $600, since all FX's now come standard with Roof Rails. That was a $300 option on all '03 models.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
esemes said:
contaygious said:
so can u actually notice the diff between having filters and not having them? it doesnt seem like that big a deal to me.
i bet during allergy season, i will be able to tell a difference..... (pollen can wreak havoc on me, but it is very sporadic at best....)
Man, I am so thankful I have no allergies. I can see how it can be very dangerous too. My friend got into a nasty accident in the city because he sneezed while driving. lol! Also the medication for allergies usually makes you drowsy no?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
gtxjoe said:
ujmot said:
The increase is really only $600, since all FX's now come standard with Roof Rails. That was a $300 option on all '03 models.
You are correct sir. Plus the 8 way passenger seat apparently costs ~$600+labor. :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just an update for the air filter -- found one for $11.39 (free shipping if you order the k&n too for a total of $50 or more)
http://www.drivewire.com/infinitiparts/ ... ilter.html

Is there a difference with saying it's a "micro filter"???

I'm thinking of doing this.. but I saw there is a TSB for a charcoal filter. Does that mean you can get one for free under warranty???

edit: Grubbs (link in earlier post) has cheaper k&n filters

·
Registered
80 Posts
so if you're getting a not so flattering smell when you first turn on the AC it
may be time to change this filter??

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
Nick in WA said:
This HOWTO does not apply to 2006 year anymore. Better guidance is given in this post, viewtopic.php?f=14&t=588&p=197683&hilit=in+cabin+filter#p197683. ATTN: inpropertly disassembly of that panel can deploy air bag.

BTW at this point, autopartswarehouse has the best deal on incabin airfilters, http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/searc ... 66835+9172. Price + shipping total is $32.45.
I'm confused -- are they selling the particulate filters for $27 + shipping, or are they the activated charcoal ones? You can get the plain particulate filters for less elsewhere, which makes me hope this is the activated charcoal one. If thay are A.C., thats a **** good deal at $32.45 shipped.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts