Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. New guy here. I just installed a 10" subwoofer, Rio Car 60GB MP3 player, digital equalizer, and some amps to my 45. Thought ya'll might be interested in some pics:

http://www.mojohama.com/Default.aspx?tabid=167

This thing really sounds great now, plus I have about 300 albums available at my fingertips with the Rio Car. Love my FX!

Cheers,

Nate

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Nice Job!!!
Welcome to the club :D

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Welcome aboard. :D

Looking good! Any detailed pics of the sub, amps, etc?

Gotta look into that Hella horn.

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Can you tell us anymore about the horn? Where to get it, cost, install process, etc..? I ask because it is a topic I brought up a while back, but no one had replaced it at that time. Thanks. Oh, can I have your old Infiniti clock? (just kidding). :D

·
Registered
220 Posts
Very nice! Just got my FX45 yesterday and was trying to figure out how to install my 60GB Rio Car. Looks like the my leg work is already taken care of. Any idea on how much effort it took to get the Rio installed?

Cheers!
Phil

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got the horn for $65 on eBay after reading about it on FreshAlloy. This is the only mod that I've done myself so far, and it was quite easy--maybe 45 min, and I'm really inexperienced at this stuff. You have to remove the grill, which kind of pops off, and then it's a simple replacement. If you Google up "Hella supertone" you should be able to find some more specs.

As for the Rio, I had it professionally installed and it was about $200 in labor to install it, the digital line driver/equalizer, and the two Zapco amps. They tucked everything away nicely and I still have full functionality of the factory equipment; I just toggle a button on the equalizer to switch between the factory audio and the Rio.

The Pioneer amp driving the subwoofer is in the spare wheel well, right above the spare--I'll try to get a picture of it up shortly. The other two amps are hidden under the cargo area on the left and right sides (pretty inaccessible so no pics of them, sorry.)

P.S. I hated that analog clock!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh yeah, the Hella horns are red where the factory ones are black, so if you want it to match perfectly you'd probably want to paint them. It's not real obvious though and I like the look myself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts