1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
ShadyJC said:
Anyone else find the factory floormats unacceptably cheap in terms of quality?
Yes, that's why I covered them as soon as I could with a thick, clear, truck Winter mat for the driver's side and a set of cheapo clear mats from WallyMart for the other footwells.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
I heard of this problem before I got my infiniti so I got the rubber mats from the dealer and they work fine.

Jim

·
Registered
80 Posts
i got the infiniti rubber mats from grubbs. they work just great on top of factory. :wink:

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am driving a G35 today (loaner car while I have Lojack installed at the dealer) and the mats appear to be a much higher quality. Esp. the rear mat that covers the little bump in the middle - even has a nice Infiniti logo on it.

The ones that came with the FX look like they were on sale at WalMart.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Agreed. The factory mats just plain suck! (pardon my french) That's the only part of the interior I am disappointed in. I think I will put custom mats on the Christmas list.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Looking at your pic, your carpet floor mats look very different from mine, my logo is embroidered on in grey in the rear mat.

Jim

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For anyone who may be interested in my continuing mats saga (as they say, the devil is in the details!) I got my all-weather rubber mats from Grubbs today and they look and feel much better. The Infiniti logo adds a nice touch as well. My only complaint is that against my willow interior the color match *could* be better. Not a big deal.

On the other hand, the cargo protector I now wish I didn't get. It looks ok but it's much more flimsy than I was expecting - a sturdy plastic - wish it was a rubber material, like the floor mats. I actually think things will slide around MORE than on the carpet! Maybe I will check out the Weathertech cargo mat. It's much more expensive, but probably more what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
its funny, but my neighbor's lexus RX330 has nice OEM carpet mats, but the rubber OEM mats that he got are PITIFUL!

i use the rubber OEM mats and i think they are great. some folks think they should cover more of the floor, but i think its becuase the flat part of the floor is actually small before it angles up to the center console.

so far my carpet under the mats is in great shape after about 18K miles :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
ShadyJC said:
For anyone who may be interested in my continuing mats saga (as they say, the devil is in the details!) I got my all-weather rubber mats from Grubbs today and they look and feel much better. The Infiniti logo adds a nice touch as well. My only complaint is that against my willow interior the color match *could* be better. Not a big deal.
Got any pics of the all-weather mats installed? Just curious to see what they look like.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Again, for those who are still paying attention to me gripe about the factory floormats, here are pictures of the Infiniti all-weather mats, front driver and passenger side. These are the "willow" color, but actually more like a tan.

I ordered these from Grubbs for around $74 for front and rear mats.

At first I felt like the color wasn't as exact a match as could be possible but when I looked again it matched very well with the darker shade of the dash. I am very happy with them.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And here is a picture of the cargo area protector that I hated at first... now I'm ok with it. $60 from Grubbs... but think Scottsdale (EverythingFX.com) is selling for $50.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
I was wondering can some take a better picture of their rear and front carpet mats. For some reason I have a different set with an embroidered logo on the rear mats. Looking at sweet's mats thats how I noticed it a little different.

Jim

·
Registered
292 Posts
Thanks for posting up the pics Shady! :D I really like those and will let the wife see what she thinks. I have those style mats in my truck and I love the spray-off aspect of them.

I assume the rear looks about the same? Does it have an emblem as well?

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Golden Boy said:
I assume the rear looks about the same? Does it have an emblem as well?
Here's a pic of the rear mats... no emblem... but still good looking... sorry about the sun/shade - morning or afternoon I get TONS of sun here, no escaping it... wish it would rain for once... I would settle for a cloudy day at this point.

jimsbmw - this weekend I will take a pic of the cheap-o stock carpet mats for you.

Just call me the mat king...

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
I bought the rubber all-weather mats and liked them for winter use but just ordered a set of coco mats for my Porsche and just love them . Thinking about ordering a set for the FX. Black would look good with the Willow & Black interior for winter wear.

http://www.cocomats.com

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
FX Driver said:
I bought the rubber all-weather mats and liked them for winter use but just ordered a set of coco mats for my Porsche and just love them . Thinking about ordering a set for the FX. Black would look good with the Willow & Black interior for winter wear.

http://www.cocomats.com

Just got my black cocos in today :D

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I'm coco for cocomats! - let's see pics. / can they do monograms too?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts