Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know people have been waiting for pics of the CF tube so here they are...not the greatest pics because I did them quickly but here they are:

Attachments

·
Registered
392 Posts
Umm

Any improvement you can feel? better sound?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea after I reset the ecu I felt a difference on accel, sound is defintly different. at about 3000rmp the engine has a very deep sound much better then the stock sound, and after abour 3500rpm you hear a whistle from the filter because its sucking so much air. also the thing I noticed was that after I installed it I turned the car on and put my hand in front of the filter and I felt air getting sucked in which is a big difference to the stock intake. Also, if you put a plastic bag on the new filter and rev it sucks it in compared to the stock one which could bairly keep it in the engine bay, it kept flying away.
So yes positive sound change, positive proformence change.

·
Registered
392 Posts
carsunltd32 said:
yea after I reset the ecu I felt a difference on accel, sound is defintly different. at about 3000rmp the engine has a very deep sound much better then the stock sound, and after abour 3500rpm you hear a whistle from the filter because its sucking so much air. also the thing I noticed was that after I installed it I turned the car on and put my hand in front of the filter and I felt air getting sucked in which is a big difference to the stock intake. Also, if you put a plastic bag on the new filter and rev it sucks it in compared to the stock one which could bairly keep it in the engine bay, it kept flying away.
So yes positive sound change, positive proformence change.
All this mod's sometimes make me wish I had a 35! But when that happens I just go for a drive around the block to remind myself of how wondeful that V8 is. lol! Looks awesome btw.

Off-Topic: If I reset the ECU on my FX could there be any benefitial changes. Maybe increase the MPG if I train it to shift at lower RPM's, etc?!?! just a random tought!

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
Sounds great carsunltd. Just wondering though. Do you feel any difference in acceleration?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea theres a difference in the acceleration pretty noticable...regarding the resetting of the ecu, before I reset mine it said I had 9.5mpg(wow thats just great) and now it says something like 10.5. now I dont know if it had somethinto do wit te intake install but I would think that I would get worse mpg because theres more air going into the engine which means I would need more gas. so either it was off before I reset the ecu and its fixed now or it learned from my manumatic use.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Looks very nice I like. The tube you have looks to be more of an S shape tube than originally posted by UnlimitedTuning. Is this because of the Tornado intake or 350z cover that make it a better fit ? Also does any part of the tube rub against anything ? It looks close with the S shape tube, and no bracket from tube to plenum as oem tube has. I to like this cf tube but price is not having me jump on it. For me a ztube and resetting ecu created instant throttle response, no more lag.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no reason why we picked the "S" shaped tube, it was avaliable first so I just went with it, the filter goes very close to the front but is very easy to instal. the only thing it rubs against is the top of the oil rod(not sure what its called, its got the yellow top). I had the 350z cover before I had the tube so Im not sure about the fitting situation with the stock engine cover.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Dipstick?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.