Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have anyone experiencing their cd skipping in the morning since the weather got cold? For the past month my cd player has been skipping in the morning if it's below 45 outside. It will skip for about 5 mins then everything will go back to normal, so I was assuming that the car needed to warm up first. Will I really got p*ss this morning when it was 38 outside, and my cd was skipping every 5 second almost all the way to work which is a 35 mins drive, for 30 mins I had to listen to the radio. I bought my Fx in Jan 04 which is the heart of winter and I never had this problem. I try to clean it tiwce, that didn't work. I really don't want drive 60 miles to the dealership just for a cd player.

PS. This only happen in the morning, never during the day.

·
Registered
662 Posts
It happened to me too. Noticed it usually happens to burned CDs, not the retail versions. It's gotta be Infiniti thing along with lether seat. :lol:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most of my cds are brun cds, but it happen to a couple of my retail cds too. I had burn cds last winter but never had this problem.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
This happened to me a couple times last month or so. I mentioned it to my SA just to "get it on record". I didn't notice any links between the two times it happened. Then, it happened yesterday when it was in the low 40s, but not today. I garage the FX and this morning when it was 32, the outside temp (on the screen) said 58 when I started it.

Here's what the manual says:

• During cold weather or rainy days, the player may malfunction due to the humidity. If this occurs, remove the CD and dehumidify or ventilate the player completely.
    The player may skip while driving on rough roads.
    The CD player sometimes cannot function when the compartment temperature is extremely high. Decrease the temperature before use.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
revOevoM said:
During cold weather or rainy days, the player may malfunction due to the humidity. If this occurs, remove the CD and dehumidify or ventilate the player completely.
Uh, just how do you dehumidify a CD player :?: Use my wife's hair dryer on it :shock:

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Maybe that's a question for Customer Service! :roll:

·
Registered
662 Posts
So, we need to warm up our CDs and ventilate the player to enjoy our music whenever it rains or is humidy outside? :lol:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you guys know why it's only happening in the morning? Even at night when I'm go out and it's cold I don't have this problem. I'm assuming that it as to do with the car sitting overnight were there is alot of moisture building up on the car, and it gets inside the car.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
well there is a tsb for the nav/radio/cd player going bad. what year is your car? you might just have to get this replaced. i have intermittent issues with my nav or radio, but they are too infrquent to get it replaced yet....ill wait till the last month of my warranty ;)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Just my 2c...

It has gotten below -10 C (14 F) here in Ottawa a couple times and the CD player in my '04 has had zero problems so far, even on the bumpy road down the hill from work. Maybe I just got lucky...?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Well it happened to me yesterday. The temp was in the teens when i got into the car. I started playing a CD and almost immediately, it started skipping. I tried another CD but got the same results. I am not even sure if having the dealer swap it out will solve the problem. Is this just a bad design or its a result of "nature" that cannot be remedied?

·
Registered
779 Posts
The temperature has been in teens for the past few days here in Chicago and I had no problems with the CD-player. Car has been parked outside in cold for most of the time...

·
Registered
252 Posts
We had a sudden drop to -20F this morning and the CD player worked fine but the car was in the garage. I'll give it a go tonight when I leave work after it's been outside all day. Every CD player I've ever had has had problems when it gets that cold. Oh what a joy to live in Canada in the winter :(

btw we use Celcius up here so I keep having to use Convertit.com :) I wish I was living with most of my relatives in Nevada right now :D

·
Registered
462 Posts
05fxguy said:
Well it happened to me yesterday. The temp was in the teens when i got into the car. I started playing a CD and almost immediately, it started skipping. I tried another CD but got the same results. I am not even sure if having the dealer swap it out will solve the problem. Is this just a bad design or its a result of "nature" that cannot be remedied?
I just discovered that the first CD that skipped was cracked on the very edge. That explains that. I guess the 2nd CD was indeed due to the cold.

·
Registered
252 Posts
That night it was stupid cold the player had troubles with some older discs that are a bit scratched but newer shiner ones it didn't have any trouble with. Even the one CDRW had no problems. Now if my heated seats would only work so well...

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
bradical said:
well there is a tsb for the nav/radio/cd player going bad. what year is your car? you might just have to get this replaced. i have intermittent issues with my nav or radio, but they are too infrquent to get it replaced yet....ill wait till the last month of my warranty ;)
Help needed, where is this TSB? http://www.infinitihelp.com/Ownership/I ... agnose.htm was unable to locate it. :?

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Funny as mine did this the other day. I kept ejecting it and cleaning it, but the disc was fine. Went to XM, then came back 15 mins later and it played fine. Could be a build up of condensation on the laser lens.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Everytime it is real cold outside.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Sweet Fx said:
Everytime it is real cold outside.
Yeah- like 43. GARAGED! Brrrrr... WTF? Lasts 5-10 mins or so. Turn on the radio.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts