Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Re: Cayenne gives Porsche black eye in latest J.D. Power sur

Cayenne gives Porsche black eye in latest J.D. Power survey

Someone here asked if the Lexus (stolen from Infiniti, that is) IntelliKey system had a pushbutton or not- after seeing this:

According to J.D. Power, the most frequently cited problem with the Cayenne had to do with a keyless entry system. Using a radio frequency, the system unlocks the car when it detects the key in an owner's pocket. Some owners complain that the doors unlock when the driver checks the handle immediately after locking them.
... I'm glad we have that button. There'd be too many state-related ambiguities with a non-button system, and I guess the Japanese realized this.

But- does anyone check their handles after locking the doors? I thought that's what the "beep" (for us Tech folks) or the horn was for?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
I never check. Asside from the beep or horn toot, you can hear the locks engage; that's enough for me.

·
Registered
848 Posts

kcrudup said:
Someone here asked if the Lexus (stolen from Infiniti, that is) IntelliKey system had a pushbutton or not- after seeing this:

<snip>

... I'm glad we have that button. There'd be too many state-related ambiguities with a non-button system, and I guess the Japanese realized this.

But- does anyone check their handles after locking the doors? I thought that's what the "beep" (for us Tech folks) or the horn was for?
That was me that asked. If you've got a true proximity detection system, then you've got no need to check the handles again, and the owners should expect it to unlock again. But, in our case, there have been times were I got distracted by something and had to check the doors again. I believe that you can adjust the beep/horn in the settings. I've adapted to the buttons, but the outside mirror detectors should be improved...I know there's a TSB on it, so I'm not sure how much better they've made it. Anyway, you shouldn't have to aim the key, or twist your body to get the key on the correct side. Don't mean to complain...but as they say, there's always room for improvement.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts

FromHereToInfiniti said:
I've adapted to the buttons, but the outside mirror detectors should be improved...I know there's a TSB on it, so I'm not sure how much better they've made it. Anyway, you shouldn't have to aim the key, or twist your body to get the key on the correct side. Don't mean to complain...but as they say, there's always room for improvement.
If you have issues with yours, I suggest you get the fix done. Mine is outside of the VIN range and I have no problems at all. I can stand facing the vehicle with my key in my right pocket and hit the button with my left hand (means I'm standing more in front of the front portion of the rear door) and it works just fine. I've never had to twist or get nearer on any occasion.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
"The ratings were no surprise to Porsche. "We're disappointed with the results…" said a spokesman for Porsche Cars North America. "But if you look at the fine detail, the majority of problems were related to features and controls." "

Um ok.... so basically it's a piece of crap?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts