Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone replaced a FX50 catalytic convertor lately? I got the P0420 (catatlytic convertor) and P2A03 (O2 sensor) code on my 2009 fx50s. I just replaced the 02 sensor to get rid of the P2A03 code hoping that would get rid of both issues, but the P0420 code came back up again. The car does smell like gas when i start the car.

I'm looking for a cheap catalytic convertor but aren't really finding any for my car. There are lots of them for the QX70. They look like different part numbers (FX50 - 20802-1CG0B ) vs (QX70 - 20802-1WX0A) .

let me know if you know of any cheap solutions to this P0420 problem . I just replaced the engine so i don't feel like spending any more money.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Cats are part of the exhaust manifolds. You need a lift. You have to drop the engine assembly to facilitate replacement. Order cats from discountinfinitiparts.com and schedule the procedure with your mech. Book is/was $1000 labor plus parts. As usual always replace the O2 sensors at the same time. Recently did this on my FX45. Replaced the IVT, exhaust camshaft and crankshaft sensor as well. Runs like a dream. Good for another 250K.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts