Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Looks kinda cool. Did you buy one yet? I would be curious to see if there is the tell tale "hiss" from the tape heads...

Mongo

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
I had a ridiculous amount of hiss from the tape deck using an adapter for my iPod. Luckily the DVD has AUX inputs as well. I would be interested in whether the hiss was from the tape deck itself, or my adapter.

I haven't bothered to try playing a real cassette in the FX. Does anybody use the tape deck for its intended purpose?

-Andy

·
Registered
60 Posts
terps4 said:
I had a ridiculous amount of hiss from the tape deck using an adapter for my iPod. Luckily the DVD has AUX inputs as well. I would be interested in whether the hiss was from the tape deck itself, or my adapter.

I haven't bothered to try playing a real cassette in the FX. Does anybody use the tape deck for its intended purpose?

-Andy
Funny you say that. Anyone figure out how to remove the tape deck and replace it with, say, a storage box?

Mongo

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
n0

i haven't bought one and i dont think i will be...i have a 20gb player and i use a FM transmitter on it instead of a TAPE deck and it works great...i have used the tape deck before and it has a really slight hiss but i think thats how tapes are...

well if someone buys this things trys it out let us know

cnet.com gives it fair reviews...

http://reviews.cnet.com/Digisette_Duo-6 ... 97166.html

·
Registered
641 Posts
Re: n0

InfinitiNbeyonD said:
i haven't bought one and i dont think i will be...i have a 20gb player and i use a FM transmitter on it instead of a TAPE deck and it works great...i have used the tape deck before and it has a really slight hiss but i think thats how tapes are...

well if someone buys this things trys it out let us know

cnet.com gives it fair reviews...

http://reviews.cnet.com/Digisette_Duo-6 ... 97166.html
A tape deck adapter is really a better way to go than an FM transmitter simply becasue an FM transmitter is only as good a FM radio.

To get rid of the 'hiss" set the volume on the iPod to 3/4, if you have the volume all the way up you will get distortion and if its anything less than 3/4 it will pick up hiss.

hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.