Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is everyone using their cargo net. What I mean, is how is it snapped together and what are you attaching it to?

How I have it now seems kind of floppy to me. I'd like to have it so you can sort of "bag" small things in the back so they don't bounce around much.

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
How is everyone using their cargo mat. What I mean, is how is it snapped together and what are you attaching it to?

How I have it now seems kind of floppy to me. I'd like to have it so you can sort of "bag" small things in the back so they don't bounce around much.
You mean the cargo net - right? Mine is folded in half and snapped. I stretch it across the two hooks on the back of the back seats. It works fairly well but is still rather floppy and loose. Some have stretched it across the tie downs back by the lift gate and, while that probably reduces the "floppyness", I think it makes access to the cargo area more difficult. With all these smart guys around here making fancy mods to their FX, maybe you could sponser a competition to design a better cargo net. :wink:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Mine's folded over with the top of the bag connected at the high hooks of the hatch opening. The bottom is attached to the bottom hooks behind the rear seats. It isn't straight up and down or flat on the floor. I did it this way, angled, so I can put groceries behind the seats with the net kind of cradling them, but they won't slide around and into the back door.
You can use the pocket it makes for smaller things.
Up and down was too loose, and on the floor was OK, but then I had to lift it up to put bags under it to hold them down. And things in the pocket could slide right out.

·
Registered
75 Posts
What I did was to remove the clips from the shorter of the two snap ends and reconnected them to the middle (bungee cord). Then I snapped the two ends together, connected them to the upper clip brackets at the back hatch, connect the two clips on bungee cord to the lower clip brackets at the back hatch. This allows me to un-snap the end strap and insert a bag / small package snap it back together and the bags / small package is held in place vertically.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Re: Cargo Net

I too find the Cargo Net to be a poor design. I want a tight/snug fitting net to place grocery bags in. The OEM net is way to loose/floppy.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
You may want to get the little known OEM cargo area organizer, proving very beneficial for us, a picture will be included in my 2nd group of pics. in my sig.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Re: Cargo Net

msu79gt82 said:
I too find the Cargo Net to be a poor design. I want a tight/snug fitting net to place grocery bags in. The OEM net is way to loose/floppy.
I do that- search for a post by "KennyCrudup" on FA where I have a picture of how my net's been set up- if you loop it under the bottom, then use the inner straps, it's a tight fit that holds stuff pretty nicely.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts