Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I am new to the forum...
I just bought a used 2011 FX35 90k miles, in the past 2 mts, I had 3 instances where the car suddenly died.
It only happened when I drove off the parking lot for less than 1 minute and still under 15miles per hr.
After it died, I can just simply put back to neutral, apply the brake and start right up and continue to drive normal.
Anyone has any idea what caused the issue? Anything I can try to fix it? It has no check engine light.

Here is the list of things I got done so far:
I seafoam the oil crankcase (in case slugh clogged up oil flow)
Seafoam the fuel tank (better fuel injection and clean fuel pump....)
Transmission fluid changed.
Replaced New oem sparkplugs
New air filters
Battery still new and contact surfaces are good
Prev owner said already replaced the camshaft sensors

That’s it. I don’t know what else to do. Any suggestions plz?

Thanks all.

· Registered
26 Posts
Hey sorry your having some trouble with your FX35. Without a scanner to see if there are any pending codes or to read live data then you are just shooting in the dark. But there are several things that can cause a problem as you mentioned. 1: cam and or crank sensors 2: mass airflow sensor 3: fuel pump or fuel pump relay 4: harness or connectors loose 5: bad pcm. These are just some things that can cause a issue with the engine cutting out most times should throw a code or pending code if it’s a sensor. A bad pcm or harness/connectors will be more difficult to diagnose. Gotta have a good tech check it and that’s if the problem can be replicated at the time of diagnostic. I wish you luck please repost if you do in fact find the issue

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When the car stalled, it doesn’t throw any codes, no check engine light.
I will stop by my friend shop sometime this week to see if we can find any codes.

One thing I remember is the car stalled after I drove somewhere, park for about an hour, then come back out drive slow at parking lot and while it downshift to 1st from 2nd gear then it stalled

I tested out that scenario several times in the past few days, it didn’t shut off. The only thing I noticed one time was the rpm dropped to 500 then back up to 700rpm.
At stop sign/redlight, i put the car to neutral, the whole car vibrating, I feel like the engine mounts are loosing or something...

Again, i will bring her to the mechanic this week then let you know if I find out anything. Thanks.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The B code is fixed, it was ground wires corroded a bit.
The P code I replaced the crankshaft and both camshaft but it’s still the same.
I unplugged the computer, wait a bit then plugged it back in, now it’s misfired at 1500rpm, from 0-60 not smooth, the gears shift little early, and it takes a long time to reach 60.
I run out of idea. Maybe bring it to infiniti dealer next.

· Registered
19 Posts
The B code is fixed, it was ground wires corroded a bit.
The P code I replaced the crankshaft and both camshaft but it’s still the same.
I unplugged the computer, wait a bit then plugged it back in, now it’s misfired at 1500rpm, from 0-60 not smooth, the gears shift little early, and it takes a long time to reach 60.
I run out of idea. Maybe bring it to infiniti dealer next.

Any idea which ground wires were corroded? I'm planning to go through and clean up all of mine soon. Did you use OEM cam and crank sensors?

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The corroded ground were the two right by the battery.
For sure, I unscrew and rescrewed back all the ground that I see.

The crankshaft and camshaft I replaced the OEM, bought at Infiniti dealer.

I unplugged the battery, wait a bit then plug it back in, the car now back to its original problem, drive the car around until engine getting hot, park for 46mins or 1hr, then start it up, drive up to 2000rpm, release the gas pedal completely, the rpm drop to dead. Then i can start it right back up and drive normal.
It only happens once a while. Sometimes it drop from 2000rpm to 400-500rpm then it go back to normal.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry guys, I gotta bring this up again as I still have the same issue.
I replace the pvc valve few days ago too.
The car has hiccup around 1200 rpm when hot.
When engine getting hot, park for 46mins or 1hr, then start it up, drive up to 2000rpm, release the gas pedal completely, the rpm drop to dead. Then i can start it right back up and drive normal.
It only happens once a while. Sometimes it drop from 2000rpm to 400-500rpm then it go back to normal.

any thought how to solve this issue?
I heard people reflash ecu, can I reflas ecu myself? can any autoshop can reflash it or have to be an infiniti dealer can reflash it?
thanks.

· Registered
7 Posts
Sorry guys, I gotta bring this up again as I still have the same issue.
I replace the pvc valve few days ago too.
The car has hiccup around 1200 rpm when hot.
When engine getting hot, park for 46mins or 1hr, then start it up, drive up to 2000rpm, release the gas pedal completely, the rpm drop to dead. Then i can start it right back up and drive normal.

any thought how to solve this issue?
I heard people reflash ecu, can I reflas ecu myself? can any autoshop can reflash it or have to be an infiniti dealer can reflash it?
thanks.
Sounds like a fuel pump module issue to me.

I'd highly recommend just taking it to the dealership and paying the diag fee to have a professional check it out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts