Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering getting a car cover to use while I am at work. however I am concerned that I will be viewed as bragging or portraying that I or my car is better then everyone elses. I work near mfg. plants and get some mfg. debris (dusting) on my car that I fear could leave small scratches.

What would you all think of a guy that cared so much about a car that he had to wrap it up during the day? I suspect that many of you will say who cares what others think but in my "workplace" politics and what people think is very important! I don't want to seem like I think I am better then them if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Well since you brought it up, I always thought it was a little "hoitie-toitie" to use car covers; especially since 99+% of the time I see it used in a safe place. In other words the only thing the car was being protected from was the sun. In your case there is a different issue - is the debris going to harm the car? Can you park far enough away to avoid the dust/debris??

Besides that car covers seem to be a pain to deal with.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Yup, refer to the link above. I cover mine every day at work and park in the boonies. Given the air conditions at your workplace and the cost of your car, it simply makes sense; explain it that way and people should understand that you simply care about this car that you spent alot of money on and want to do everything you can to preserve it's condition as long as possible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts