Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday evening going to my car I grabbed the door handle and it was unlocked. I guess I forgot to lock it earlier in the day.
Upon opening the door the car beeped (like when the ignition is on and you exit the car with the i-key).

Any idea what that means?

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Punisher said:
Yesterday evening going to my car I grabbed the door handle and it was unlocked. I guess I forgot to lock it earlier in the day.
Upon opening the door the car beeped (like when the ignition is on and you exit the car with the i-key).

Any idea what that means?
Yeah, this has happened to me. I'm thinking that the door switch closed just momentarily enough and opened again, but the closing part with you outside the car set off the iKey warning. Unless it starts to happen often, I'd ignore it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
.. The car seems to randomly beep at me, too.

I can think of one occasion .. I'll have it in reverse, back up, then put it in drive and it'll double beep at me.

I imagine it's in the manual, but .. anyone know what that's about?

·
Registered
779 Posts
duncantuna said:

I can think of one occasion .. I'll have it in reverse, back up, then put it in drive and it'll double beep at me.

Exact same thing happens to me about once every week or so. The only difference with mine is that it is a single-beep, not a double.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Re:

duncantuna said:

happened to me few times too. what's that beep beep about?

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
I think it has something to do with you moving while shifting out of reverse. It seems to do it when it wants.

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
as for the OP, i assume you accidentally pushed the ikey button on the handle while the door was open. It will give you those quick beeps to let you know you haven't successfully locked the doors.

Edit: well then...i just responded to a three year old post. Haha

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
Why do noobs always dig up a 3 year post..... :p :lol:

Well at least it means people are searching :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.