Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, thanks to all posting on this site. This is a great source of informaiton!

I purchased a '06 FX35 from Oregon and imported it to Canada--should have had the U.S. dealer install the hitch for me. The Canadian dealer sold me a hitch that (after getting home and opening the box) was the 1.25" receiver, and appeared suspicously similar to the hidden hitch style that is found elsewhere in this forum. In addition the wiring harness was generic Nissan.

Went back to the dealer and returned the hitch and harness, as I really like the clean look of the U.S. OEM 2" hitch and wiring harness. I presented the dealer with the U.S. part #s, but they were unable to bring them up on the parts computer.

I ordered the U.S. OEM hitch and harness from Scottsdale, they provided great service and the package was at my door within 3 days. Here's the kicker: Including air shipping (DHL $120.00 USD) the total price was within $3.00 of the Canadian dealer!

A local hitch shop did a beautiful job with the install and it took 4.5 hours. (Infiniti wanted 6 hours of labour at a much higher rate per hour!!)

My advice to other Canadians: Bypass the Canadian dealers and order directly from the U.S.
Use these Infiniti parts numbers: hitch 999T5-EP000 harness 999T8-EP000

Thanks again to all who share your knowledge.
Uncle Eddy,
Calgary

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
LOL... yeah... we get raped up here on just about anything...

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
Thanks Eddy :) Congratulations and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
822 Posts
IlovemyFX said:
Thanks Eddy :) Congratulations and welcome to the forum.
ditto!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thanks Eddy. Which local hitch shop did you take your vehicle to? I'm in Calgary also and am possibly interested in getting the hitch in the future.

Thanks and welcome.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used a company called:

Hitchez
4135 Edmonton Trail NE
Calgary, AB T2E 3V5
(403) 276-8486?

They are the SW corner of Edmonton Trail and the 32nd AVE connector.

Be patient :!exclaim:
The Gentleman is slow and methodical, and it may take a few attempts to get in--but he did a beautiful job.

Uncle Eddy
Calgary

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any photos of this install available? I recently purchased an '04 45 up here in Calgary, and would like to put a hitch on. I want the factory look, wiring, etc. I want everything proper, and OEM, but I don't want the dealer price tag. I like the idea of getting the OEM hitch and harness from Arizona and having a local guy install it, but I am scared of a hack job. If you have any photos, or comments, it would be much appreciated.

(PS first post, had my fx for a week now. Great forum!!)

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Are you looking for instructions? There is a sticky right above this thread titled "OEM TOW HITCH INSTRUCTIONS" with diagrams.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16445

If you want finished pics, there are plenty of them here, just look in this towing forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
No, I was looking for completed pics of this specific fella's install, to see A) how the OEM hitch looks on the vehicle (actually did troll through the forum but haven't really seen a good example of the finished hitch, and how it relates to the bumper, tail pipes etc) and B) to see how this specific installer did the job. Funny enough, small world, but this installer is only a few blocks away from where I live, so if he does good work I would be using him for sure. Thanks, BTW, guys, for the hitch install PDF. This forum is great. Cheers.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Copper Calgarian said:
No, I was looking for completed pics of this specific fella's install
If you notice his info, he's been a member for almost 2 years and only has 7 posts... he probably doesn't check the boards very much... if you want to see his specific pics, your best bet is to send him a PM or e-mail (he's got an e-mail button too) and hope he replies... :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ya for sure, maybe I will e-mail him. I guess I can just look at any photos or head out on the streets and look to see what a factory OEM hitch looks like, and also visit the installer and speak with him directly about whether he wants the work, and if he knows what he is doing with this specific vehicle, hitch, and especially harness. That is what I am most concerned with. I have to make sure and get the proper part numbers for the hitch and the Canadian specific harness. And then I'm off to the races. Anyway, I'm rambling... Thanks again

·
Registered
198 Posts
Just want to add my two cents, eventhough this thread is old. When I was buying a hitch for the FX, I ended up getitng one from the US simply because it was priced the way it should be. They wanted $600 here compared to $250 for a hitch originally made in Canada as per the box labels lmao... Plus US dealers sell the OEM harness which is plug and play compared to the Canadian Tire (Local Auto Parts store) version which you have to hack into your wires (Does warranty cover that?). The install was a breeze just how it should've been! Love a properly made product and instructions! I love how things operate in the US, would someone adopt me? :mrgreen:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi PHANTOM & Eddy, where do u guys order the hitch parts here in Canada?

I'm unable to find it in infinitipartsusa.com Discontinued? The only place I've found them are at: sewellparts.com No harness though, total up to 600+GST (anyone know if I need to pay duty as well?) And why are there two options?

Just wondering if you guys know a better deal somewhere. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
I remembered someone ordered their hitch from WWW.INFINITIPARTSUSA.COM and he said even with expedited shipping he still saved a bunch over buying it from his local dealer... I think the person was from Calgary as well (not the OP of this thread but of another hitch thread)...

Another option you might want to consider if you don't REALLY need the OEM hitch is to get a quote from U-HAUL... they'll have an option available, but it won't look as hidden as the OEM hitch...

·
Registered
21 Posts
DatMan said:
I remembered someone ordered their hitch from http://WWW.INFINITIPARTSUSA.COM and he said even with expedited shipping he still saved a bunch over buying it from his local dealer... I think the person was from Calgary as well (not the OP of this thread but of another hitch thread)...

Another option you might want to consider if you don't REALLY need the OEM hitch is to get a quote from U-HAUL... they'll have an option available, but it won't look as hidden as the OEM hitch...
Yea, I've searched there but unable to find those parts anymore, which was why I asked if because they're discontinued?

After checking related threads here, I've decided to go with the OEM one. Looks way better.

Thanks for your reply, DatMan.

·
Registered
21 Posts
nicky_wang said:
Hi PHANTOM & Eddy, where do u guys order the hitch parts here in Canada?

I'm unable to find it in infinitipartsusa.com Discontinued? The only place I've found them are at: sewellparts.com No harness though, total up to 600+GST (anyone know if I need to pay duty as well?) And why are there two options?

Just wondering if you guys know a better deal somewhere. Thanks.
Unable to edit it, anyways here's the screenshot:
http://www.4shared.com/photo/fullsize/B ... _3242.html

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
nicky_wang said:
I should have checked the Accessories part. Thanks a lot.
So what did shipping come out to from THESE guys?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts