Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was looking to get the aluminum cross bars for my roof rack... went to the dealership here in Toronto... "We only carry the black version, aluminum finish is not available"..... I mean, how stupid is that.... we get the Aluminum finish rails as a standard feature here in Canada.... but cross rails are only available in black?? :? Well, after searching a while, I found that Grubbs Infiniti in Texas had the best price on these.. $250USD. Before I ordered, I had called Grubbs to get the part number, hoping that by the Infiniti part number, the local dealer here in Torotno can actually get the part. So I get the part number and back off to the dealership with the part number. They tell me "Yup, we can get it. Its going to have to be special ordered from Japan... 3-4 weeks." So, I ask how much??................... Answer: "$1700CDN!!!!" :shock:

Are these guys on crack!?!? Even with the conversion from USD to CDN, I'd be paying $300CDN (US ORDER) vs. $1700CDN (LOCAL ORDER)

I think I should bring a **** load of these up from the USA and start selling them to the dealers!! :lol:

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
i would just show them how much the bars cost you from grubbs and that there was no wait and then ask them who they were going to rip you off so bad.

of course...you wouldnt ever be able to go there for service after that :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bradical said:
i would just show them how much the bars cost you from grubbs and that there was no wait and then ask them who they were going to rip you off so bad.

I did... they said "Well then order it from the US if you think you can get it cheaper".... could they get any cockier too?? :roll:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
MPRESION said:
bradical said:

I did... they said "Well then order it from the US if you think you can get it cheaper".... could they get any cockier too?? :roll:
Oh man.... I hope you have other dealerships in your area!

·
Registered
443 Posts
try to give a call to Oakvile Infiniti.. it;s near Toronto..

they have good price... also aftermarket parts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
liug said:
try to give a call to Oakvile Infiniti.. it;s near Toronto..

they have good price... also aftermarket parts
Late today I called around.... all the same. Guess us Canadians get reamed with the parts pricing. Its ok... ordered from Grubbs in Texas.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts