Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm new to the board and am trying really hard to get an FX45. I currently drive a Camaro SS that I have been modifying for roadcourse racing. It is becoming more and more of a hassle to drive every day. I am curious if the FX45 would be able to tow my car. I am guessing that my car weighs in at about 3500 lbs and a trailer about 1500 lbs. What do you guys think? And to be honest, even if there is now way the FX can tow it, I still want to get one.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I think the max capacity is 3500 lbs so I don't think you could. I have 2 sea doo's that weigh about 1500 pounds and I feel it when it is behind the FX45. I used to have a QX4 that towed much better.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Buy an old Suburban. You'll need the space for your racing junk and tools anyway. Leave the FX for the rest of the time...

Mongo

·
Registered
302 Posts
I agee 100 % I have 2 seadoos and the QX4 towed great.. the fx struggles with it.. probably b/c the chasy of the car is built on a car chasy and not a truck.. anthing over 2000lbs I think is pushing it even though the capacity is 3000.

·
Registered
509 Posts
This is exactly why I kept my Tahoe when I bought my FX45. The FX is a performance car, not a truck. The FX actually has more horse power than my Tahoe. There is a lot of physics in towing, HP is only one factor. 8)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts