Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that the 6disc dash bose stereo in the G35 is able to read mp3 cds, is the FX able to do this also? I cant find any information on it. Thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a 2003 FX 45 ; and it does NOT read MP3 CDs :(

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes the 2005 G35 definitely has it, on the infiniti.com description of the Bose Audio system it says "in-dash 6-disc CD autochanger with MP3 capability"

http://www.infiniti.com/content/0,,cid- ... 05,00.html

Its to bad the FX doesnt have it, I dont see any mention of it on the 2005 FX either.

Oh well, it wont deter me from getting an FX.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'd be interested to find out if it is possible and how much it would cost to retrofit the mp3 capable g35 head unit into an fx.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
to me, this is a useless feature since i can easily wire (or just hook up with tech pkg) an mp3 player to the FX. only benefit i can see is if you jump from car to car with MP3 capability and want to burn all onto a disk or you dont want to cough up a couple hundred for the mps player

·
Registered
10 Posts
I disagree completely.

It would be nice to be able control the MP3 collection via the factory interface, the switches on the wheel, etc. Having a 2nd device with a different interface defeats the ease-of-use of the integrated system.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I've never used MP3 yet. :oops:

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Actually, it would be a very nice feature... the 05 Pathfinder I have been renting while my car has been in the shop has MP3 capability, so when you drop a CD in with 10 different albums it reads track names, etc. I would much rather use this than a portable.

If the 05 FX has the capability in the CD changer I would seriously consider buying an 05 audio unit to swap.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Exactly. I guess we need to find an 05 fx'er to test for us.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Unfortunately. 05 FX does not read mp3. :x

·
Registered
10 Posts
So i guess the question is whether or not the g35 part is a direct swap.

·
Registered
26 Posts
ariza said:
I know that the 6disc dash bose stereo in the G35 is able to read mp3 cds, is the FX able to do this also? I cant find any information on it. Thanks.
My '03 FX45 plays MP3's ! I just popped one in (and yes I am sure its an MP3 encoded CD) and not only does it play, it displays the song title/artist on the screen.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Robway034 said:
ariza said:
My '03 FX45 plays MP3's ! I just popped one in (and yes I am sure its an MP3 encoded CD) and not only does it play, it displays the song title/artist on the screen.
Pics please. I'd like to see it display the track names on the screen.

·
Registered
365 Posts
It will display track names on a CD that has CD Text on it. YOu just need to set the display for that.

I am highly skeptical about mp3 ability since everyone has been complaining that the FX does not play mp3s since day 1.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just tried and it shows it's playing track 1, but no sound. So I would have to say the 05' doesn't. I will try it with another brand CD later.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Djreggiereg said:
I just tried and it shows it's playing track 1, but no sound. So I would have to say the 05' doesn't. I will try it with another brand CD later.
Same happened here. and it won't skip to other tracks, it juyst reads everything as one long track, i tried forwarding like an hour into it, nothing...

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
MP3 CD's are simply a data track that holds all the mp3 files. So to a regular CD player, it's one track.. Only players that can read MP3 CD's will recognize the separate files and play them accordingly.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts