Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
it's the same as mine, Hidden Hitch brand it is, not as nice as OEM but much cheaper, for small load only...

Robert

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Odd,

Doesn't show up in their product listing for FX.

How hard/easy was it to install?

Did it use existing mounting areas or did it require drilling?

How much plastic did you have to remove?

Thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found the instructions on hidden hitch finally. Listed as a 2004.

What are the driver and passenger lower trim panels they are talking about that need removed? And if they are replaced, the drivers side needs trimmed?

·
Registered
2 Posts
my fellow hidden hitch owners-HELP!

clark_carty said:
Found the instructions on hidden hitch finally. Listed as a 2004.

What are the driver and passenger lower trim panels they are talking about that need removed? And if they are replaced, the drivers side needs trimmed?

WHERE?! I have searched for almost an hour now...cannot find anything pertaining to installation. Just received the hitch today after ordering it from autoanything.com. Not only did they NOT ship it in a box but there were no instructions included with it either. It had the packing slip bubble wrapped and duct taped to it and the shipping label stuck to the actual part...shipped as is. WOW! Hire the handicapped? :roll: no offense to anyone out there. :mrgreen:

I was planning on installing it myself but some kind of instruction pamphlet/booklet would have been appreciated. Obviously I have no sort of kit with it- i.e. bolts/washers etc. One hitch. Thank you come again! Ive read that you have to drop the exhaust, cut the rear bumper from inside...really dont wanna go into this blind. Does it just bolt into existing holes in the chassis with the bolts that are already there? Can someone send me the .pdf file for install if you have it or an URL that will show me some sort of direction.

note: I do have the .pdf for the OEM hitch installation (dated 2003) is it pretty much the same idea...or something that will cause more confusion?

thanks for all your help.

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
Re: my fellow hidden hitch owners-HELP!

2infiniti&beyond said:
[quote="clark_carty":1o4rud00]Found the instructions on hidden hitch finally. Listed as a 2004.

WHERE?! I have searched for almost an hour now...cannot find anything pertaining to installation. Just received the hitch today after ordering it from autoanything.com. Not only did they NOT ship it in a box but there were no instructions included with it either. It had the packing slip bubble wrapped and duct taped to it and the shipping label stuck to the actual part...shipped as is. WOW! Hire the handicapped? :roll: no offense to anyone out there. :mrgreen:

I was planning on installing it myself but some kind of instruction pamphlet/booklet would have been appreciated. Obviously I have no sort of kit with it- i.e. bolts/washers etc. One hitch. Thank you come again! Ive read that you have to drop the exhaust, cut the rear bumper from inside...really dont wanna go into this blind. Does it just bolt into existing holes in the chassis with the bolts that are already there? Can someone send me the .pdf file for install if you have it or an URL that will show me some sort of direction.

note: I do have the .pdf for the OEM hitch installation (dated 2003) is it pretty much the same idea...or something that will cause more confusion?

thanks for all your help.[/quote:1o4rud00]
Wow, that sucks about the Hidden Hitch you receieved from autoanything.com. Question: Have you tried to contact them to see if they can ship you the install instructions? Seems like they should be able to do this for you. If that doesn't work, I think you could probably use the OEM hitch install instructions, since the OEM hitch was also made by Hidden Hitch. It should be similar.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Re: my fellow hidden hitch owners-HELP!

2infiniti&beyond said:
[quote="clark_carty":aonphdrz]Found the instructions on hidden hitch finally. Listed as a 2004.

WHERE?! I have searched for almost an hour now...cannot find anything pertaining to installation.

[snip][/quote:aonphdrz]

Try this link: http://www.hiddenhitch.com/fitguides/pdf/N90074.pdf

·
Registered
2 Posts
thanks guys. I did call autoanything's customer service and they are supposed to email me the instructions from the manufacturer. But I just printed out that .pdf file now.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi,

The hitch may be by the same manufacturer, but the oem hitch requires trimming only in the center of the bumper apron...an area not visible when the oem hitch is installed. The instructions shown look more like they are for a cox type hitch with a wide bar that seems to require more trimming. Not sure I like that or that it is a 1.25" receiver. Hate to cut up the car more than needed for a smaller hitch.

Sewell Infiniti in Texas had oem hitches about a week ago. Or, do a computer parts search for an oem hitch. You'll be happier.

Rudi

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
2infiniti&beyond said:
thanks guys. I did call autoanything's customer service and they are supposed to email me the instructions from the manufacturer. But I just printed out that .pdf file now.
Have you checked out the other Hidden Hitch thread? Wonder if he's got the same hitch as you...

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18542

·
Registered
10 Posts
I installed that hitch about 2 weeks ago on my FX. The trimming is so minimal that it is not noticeable unless under the car. The cuts are taken from the plastic pieces put under the vehicle to cover the hollow under part of the bumper. They are cosmetic parts and are not noticeable unless you are laying under the vehicle. The driver's side cut takes off about 2" of material off where the side of the hitch doesn't clear. I would not worry about that at all. From any other angle other then under the vehicle, it is invisible.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts