Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I fit Rotors&Brakes from an 2010 FX50S to a 2010 FX35??

Hey Guys,

So its my understanding that the FX50S gets larger and better brakes and rotors as opposed to the FX35 that gets smaller more standard brakes...Is this correct?

I feel that the brakes on my 2010 FX35AWD are wayy to weak and lack good bite for an suv. So I was wondering if the larger brakes and rotors from the FX50S can be fitted to the '35??

Any help would be appreciated, also Im looking at Akebono Euro Ceramic for the pads...anyone had experience with these?

Thanks!!!

--GeminiSky

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Can I fit Rotors&Brakes from a 2010 FX50S to a 2010 FX35

By the way I have the touring package with the 20" rims, so I guess they could accommodate the fx50 larger diameter rotors?

·
Registered
942 Posts
Re: Can I fit Rotors&Brakes from a 2010 FX50S to a 2010 FX35

GeminiSky said:
Hey Guys,

So its my understanding that the FX50S gets larger and better brakes and rotors as opposed to the FX35 that gets smaller more standard brakes...Is this correct?

I feel that the brakes on my 2010 FX35AWD are wayy to weak and lack good bite for an suv. So I was wondering if the larger brakes and rotors from the FX50S can be fitted to the '35??

Any help would be appreciated, also Im looking at Akebono Euro Ceramic for the pads...anyone had experience with these?

Thanks!!!

--GeminiSky

PS: Mods, please remove my other duplicate post as this is the more appropriate section. Thanks!
1) Yes, the FX50S gets an Akebono big brake kit, 4 piston front, 2 piston rear. I think 2010 FX35 gets a 2 piston front, 1 piston rear.

2) Yes, the FX50S brakes are a direct bolt-on to the 2010 FX35. You can also buy a Brembo front and rear kit or other big brake kits. I personally would buy the Brembo or AP Racing, but FX50S big brake kit is the smart choice based on price.

3) I only used Akebono ProAct Ceramic. I was very happy with those pads. No idea on the Euro pads.

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
Re: Can I fit Rotors&Brakes from an 2010 FX50S to a 2010 FX3

Exact same question (with answer) here ----> viewtopic.php?f=18&t=22972. I found it by looking through the threads in the brake forum. It was on the second page. :idea:

And I merged the duplicate threads you posted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts