Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i have read posts about CAI's for hours on this forum, and i still cant figure out which brand is better, or what kinda performace gains you actually get....any input here?

·
Registered
882 Posts
so far the proven CAI has been either the Z-tube/JWT pop charger and Z-tube/Stillen...I've read posts where the z-tube alone netted 6 whp for the G's...
The Injen one is ok but it doesn't fly with AWD drivetrain. I'd go with the tried and proven. The G guys have had success with the first two setups mentioned. Also, its cheaper than the Injen but not really a true CAI.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Oh boy, here we go...

I am waiting for an INJEN intake. Hopefully after this week's SEMA show it will be available to the public.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
CAI alone is mostly for cool looks. you need to get a new plenum to get that air into the engine and even redo the exhaust as well to get it back out before you'll really see noticable gains.

that being said, simple CAI only does look and sound cool and the engine seems breathe better on the top end when it really wants some air...but you need to be wailing on it

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I noticed two guys above me (who influenced me) have this JWT/Z-tube CAI
Thanks .ORG!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
anyone got links where i could pick these up for a reasonable price?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts