Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unlike smaller cousin CTS it won't get Corvette-sourced pushrod V8 that traces its design origin to the time when Moses wore shorts :roll: . The STS gets supercharged Northstar DOHC V8 good for 440HP @ 6400 rpm and 430 lb @ 3600 rpm bundled with 6-speed manumatic gearbox. All around Brembos are standard.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp ... le_id=1766

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Now if they would only do that to the SRX, I might say bye-bye KITI! :shock:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Isn't Chrysler coming out wth a 6.1 Hemi "C" SRT version with @ the same HP for under 40K?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chrysler plans to make a mere 10K copies of SRT-8s per year. So I can only imagine the coming mark-ups if already the slimeball dealers are demanding full sticker for 300Cs. BTW, it's projected to clear 0-60MPH in the mid 4s and too will have corner-2-corner Brembos. I understand base price will be $39995 plus extra $$$ for a small handful of options. Meantime over at Cadillac the dreamers are said to be planning to charge around $75K for the STS-V :roll: .

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
As an aside,the Northstar is a more "modern " motor but not a better one...power levels are not great and when GM wants big power they go back to pushrods.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts