Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I knew they had a few of these:

... but I thought they were going to keep them to the "wilderness" parts of the interstates. I saw one today about 11AM pulling over a pickup truck on the 405S connector from the 110S- IOW, the middle of South LA County.

Of course, it's about the revenue, but I hope this was an isolated incident (but I suspect otherwise). The only bright spot about this was the dude being pulled over was on his **** phone (and was still on it when being pulled over).

Now I've got to learn another light pattern.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Judge said:
I received a ticket for 113 in a 65 by one.
Yikes! You've got to tell us the pain associated with trying to get your license back(?) after that one!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Judge said:
We have those in Ill. but completely unmarked. I received a ticket for 113 in a 65 by one.
Yea, I've seen Camaros, Mustangs, and a Firebird I think

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
hey, what's the light pattern you already know? i never see cops at night and if I do and they are behind me i don't know it. usually speed in the day.

can you help me out, pic, explination or something...

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
contaygious said:
hey, what's the light pattern you already know?
I can tell a Crown Vic from behind me for 1/2 mile or more, night or day- it's saved my speedin' ass a MILLION times. It also helps that (1) when they think they have a mark, they start accelerating at warp speed (so look out for that), (2) the front of that car is both recognizable and relatively rare (only geezers drive the non-cop versions, but I do get false-positives on the Mercury-badged clone, too) and (3) CHP has to tail you for a little bit (1/8th mi, is what I read) before it's a legit clocking stop. It's also illegal for CHP to be completely unmarked, too. ALWAYS LOOK BEHIND YOU! I'll bet the Camaro was behind yapper-dude for a while too while he was obliviously moving along 'cause he was yakking instead of paying attention.

One time I was coming up the 405N at the 105, and here comes a CHP CV in the far right lane (I was passing everything that moved in the far left). I immediately manu-drop-shifted into 3rd and brakelessly got back down to 65 just as he came up. He sat there to my right for a minute, then broke off the "chase" then left me alone. Whew!

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
i gotta figure that out, but it wouldn't have mattered with my last ticket. i was doing 75 in a 65 and this cop pulled onto the freeway and sped up to catch me and as i moved to the right lan i let go of the gas and was doing 65 and he still pulled me over. he JUST got onto the freeway too so I know he didn't pace me. but he said i did over 80 anyway and i couldn't fight that..........

online driving school cleared that tho.

my v1 saved my azz a million times but couldn't help me there. those bastards can just pull up on you and say you were speeding when i couldnt have been more than 5 over when he saw me. prolly happend cuz i was alone on the freeway with no other cars.... grrrr

·
Registered
641 Posts
The police dept in home town of Giloy, CA has a Camaro and a mustang police vehicle. I have even seen a C4 Corvette up in the bay area, kinda cool looking. I belive that most of these vehicles are seized in drug bust and are converted into police duty, I cant imagine our tax dollars paying for such vehicles.

I use to drive a mustang and always thought that the ultimate insult would be to get pulled over by that Camaro.

·
Registered
789 Posts
kcrudup said:
Judge said:
I received a ticket for 113 in a 65 by one.
Yikes! You've got to tell us the pain associated with trying to get your license back(?) after that one!
Actually was only painful to my wallet. $1000 to the courthouse and $700 to the lawyer. That got me 6 months supervision without driving school. Since I had no violations in the 6 months, the ticket fell off my record. All told, after all the extensions it took to find the willing judge, I was in the court system for about 14 months till it got squared away.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Ba Ba Luwee said:
They need to keep these out of the city and put them to better use , like on the 15 going to Vegas.
That's exactly where I got pulled over by one of these. After being pulled over, the cop said he was actually after someone else but saw me zip by so he pulled me over. He was cool though and let me go, otherwise that would have been a terrible start to a Vegas trip.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Firstly,
I take GREAT exception to the phrase "those basta**s". I have an FX too but if you wanna break the law then expect to get caught. Play with fire......................... Live by the sword............................

I and colleagues have been stopped by State Troopers and given tickets recently. But we were speeding!
The thought that all LEO are out to get you is total CRAP! Speed kills and officers are not trained on what vehicle specifically is able/more safe for higher speeds.

As for "different" cars used. Some do indeed come from seizures but also some are bought specific. My precinct will allow many cars used (as they are owned by the officer), color and make is usually the only stipulation. Those with a "car allowance" have to get abit more stringent clearance on choice but it's still a choice. Now many precincts have strict rules or designate a "Patrol Car". My friend/colleage had a Mustang GT with headers and full exhaust, chip and cams and CAI for awhile. Quite a pursuit car.
Anyway, varies greatly on area and policy.

Plain and simple fact is, Break the law, do NOT whine and moan and groan!
I personally do not participate for glory, I do it to try and serve and help people.

Rant over.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dakine said:
I do it to try and serve and help people.
... and pulling someone over for 10+ on an open road is "helping" exactly how?

Just once I wish one of you effin' cops would come out and quit bullsh!tting people and just admit it's about the **** revenue, then maybe we'd have more respect for your asses.

·
Registered
282 Posts
NOT that your comment deserves a reply, but.
If I go out and rape and murder and steal and rob that is AGAINST the LAW of this land.
If you go OVER the posted speed limit this also is against the LAW of this land.

An effin cop comes in quite handy when you have had a theft, assault, accident etc. I.E. they are ONLY useful when NEEDED! Great way to look at it .
I commend your attitude!
I wish everyone was as against Law Enforcement as yourself. That way whenever somthing happened to you or yours then NO-ONE would be around to help as no-one would want to be an "effin cop".
One law for one but not for me, is'nt that it????
I got a ticket for being 6 miles over on a country interstate at 9:30am on a beautiful day. Did it p*ss me off? YES! Did I break the law? YES! Therefore can I ultimately bitch? NO!

If you believe that ALL traffic tickets are for "revenue purposes" I am sorry you are so bitter and misinfomed. If you had worked accidents and clean up enough guts and brains from SPEEDER'S who probably thought that they were ABOVE the effin cops law then you may have a more INFORMED outlook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will say it varies on the officer and the precinct and there is a small force near here KNOWN to target motorists for ticket revenue. But I would caution you to NOT put us ALL in the same boat. One day you will be GLAD of an effin cop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dakine said:
I commend your attitude!
You grow up seeing how cops really are all your life and you don't hold any fairy-tale dreams of 'em. This goes way beyond traffic tickets, BTW. I'm no fan of the cops, and before you bring out that tired "yeah, 'till you need one" argument, keep in mind they tended to (1) not show up and (2) tended to cause as many problems as they solved in my old neighborhoods.

If you believe that ALL traffic tickets are for "revenue purposes" I am sorry you are so bitter and misinfomed. If you had worked accidents and clean up enough guts and brains from SPEEDERS
Are you SERIOUSLY trying to bring out the TIRED "Speed Kills" argument up here, in an enthusiasts forum?! It's inattention and stupidity that kills people- and after moving to California, I can tell you now more than ever that speed's not necessary to have pretty severe accidents- I've seen more low-speed accidents in my 5 years here than I have the other 35 in all the states I've been in.

·
Registered
282 Posts
no-one will be able to say anything to you Kenny. Thats obvious.
I must say that Officers UPHOLD and NOT make the law. Elected Officials (yes elected by you Mr.Public) make them, including speed limits.

I bow to your obviously superior and informed views and wish you all the best.

May God watch over you and yours Kenny.

I truly hope you are safe all your life, as many are, and hope you get no more tickets.

Mostly I hope you do not let your obvious EXTREME prejudice blind you to ALL officers.

The fact remains wether I, you or The President likes it, you break the LAW you run the risk of getting caught! And NO!!!!!!!!!! amount of whining about it will make it ANY different my friend.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dakine said:
May God watch over you and yours Kenny.
Hrmph. I live in the jurisdiction of the LAPD- I certainly hope he is!

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dakine said:
The fact remains wether I, you or The President likes it, you break the LAW you run the risk of getting caught!
... and I guess up there with the whole "it's not about the revenue" and "speed kills" lines of bullsh!t you feed us, you think "justice is the same for everybody", too, huh?!

·
Registered
282 Posts
r u hard of hearing Kenny.
Did I not say I!!!!!!!!!!!!!! got a ticket for 6mph over recently?????????

Fundamentally if speeding should not be regulated then what else should'nt be.
You are taking this/me ALL wrong!
I own an FX35 and ADORE it's handling and speed.
I owned a supercharged 380bhp truck before this and enjoyed it also.

I am NOT an advacator of the current speed limits. However, it is Officer discretion and IS a limit.

Officers have NO say in the limit. They are however employed to enforce them. If an officer decides you are OVER the limit he is within the law to stop and ticket you. Many times an officer (unless reckless or similar driving is involved) will let you go if not greatly over the limit.

Your argument, although on an automotive forum carries NO creedance.
A law may not be popular to many but it was decided upon and put in place by officials Elected to do so within their job title.
An officer is employed to keep the law and to serve the "whole" public.
Just because speeding, being emotive (esp. here being an automotive forum) is viewed as a concern by some it does not make it an assanin law. I would hazard a guess that many a crime has been commited with the bad guy saying the law was stupid that he/she broke.

The fundamental thing is that Laws are agreed upon and implemented by "Elected Officials" and then upheld by Law Enforcement Officers.

The argument of "actual" speed is silly. The plain matter is that posted speed is just that and going over it constitutes breaking the law.

I am saddened that you had a bad time earlier in life with Law Officers. I know all too well that (with any profession) that there are good and bad. My Grandfather was "drummed out" of the Police for exposing some "bad apples" (many many years ago) so I am personally VERY sensitive about "bad apples" and have - 0% time for them.
However, law enforcement is needed (unless you advocate anarchy) and most try and do their job with dilligence and pride.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.