Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got actively into the market about 10 days ago and wanted a new mid-size SUV in my garage before the year ends or close a deal at the very minimum. In my vehicle pursuit before test driving any vehicle make/model I set the expectation with dealers about considering competition and not having made up my mind yet.

I wanted to lay down the facts about my experience at Crest Infiniti (Plano, Tx) and get some perspectives from others here on what they would do in a similar situation. Since I was serious about getting a vehicle I wanted to take advantage of year end incentives etc...

- Day 1: Crest Infiniti was the 1st Infiniti dealer I had visited on the 28th to check out on a FX35. I let salesman know I was looking at other makes/model as of that day and also promptly said No when asked "Can I get your business today". Interaction experience was good, I accepted test drive offered and obviously FX35 beat the competition (MDX, SRX, RX350, X5..). We left dealership to let the information sink in and get in touch again. Since I hadn't made up my mind I only asked for ball-park numbers as a quote.
- Day 2: Processing day.
- Day 3: Visited other Infiniti dealers on this Day to reassure myself of my decision making process on the FX35. Credit to other dealers - I was given numbers with which we could sit across the table and begin the buying process. (Info provided: MSRP, Dealer's Sale Price, Infiniti Cash Incentive, Dealer cash Incentive). Crest Infiniti Salesperson left me a voicemail to take it further. I called back to express I wanted to by a FX35 by year end and he suggested we schedule an appointment for next day. Appointment fixed for noon on Day 4.
- Day 4: Crest Salesperson calls me to reschedule the appointment and we decide on 3 PM. I express my color priorities (exterior/interior) in the call when being pushed with something like 'Do you want me to pull up the Car you test drove before you are here etc.."

We arrive at the dealership right in time but unfortunately salesperson was busy with another customer...I can agree..stuff happens. I was patient for 40 mins before asking receptionist if it was O.K that we see another salesperson since we had waited long enough for our appointment. She checks with manager and another sales person approaches us to help. Sales Manager is helping the back-n-forth to the new sales guy on the backgroun:
- We let them know of our color interests - he says nothing in stock
- We say we'll take advantage of what they told us: they can get a car from other regions if they didn't have in stock and get the deal done.
- Nope - we are too busy today, we'll have to check on Monday and put that info into system.

Summary: I see no issue with this happening to someone who had just walked-in w/o any of the background and probably not ready to buy yet. But after 3 or 4 days of interactions and an appointment scheduled as per the dealership's convenience & initiation, having stood us up for 45 mins beyond scheduled time and then being asked to come back later on Monday. Is not an experience that will ever get me back to this dealership again..EVER. I lost in total 3-4 hours of my personal time for this FAKE appointment instead of spending the same quality time with another dealership that's more worthy of my business.

Another dealership promptly accomodated me w/o a scheduled appointment though it was almost close to end of the day on New Year's Eve to follow up on Saturday and still honor the incentives discussed in an earlier visit.

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Putting this in your regional forum so it'll help others in your area.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
maveriks said:
Another dealership promptly accomodated me w/o a scheduled appointment though it was almost close to end of the day to follow up on Saturday and still honor the incentives discussed in an earlier visit.
Sounds like the initial dealership didn't REALLY care about your business... they just wanted a quick money grab... post the name of the dealership that treated you PROPERLY and it'll help others in your area when shopping for a new FX... you can also update this thread as your ownership progresses to let us know if that dealership is still treating you well or if they became [email protected]$$es after you bought from them...

·
Registered
334 Posts
Thanks, I won't go to that dealer ever. Good luck finding your new FX

1 - 4 of 4 Posts