Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Fxers,

I am new to the site and have some questions.
I like to buy a 2004 FX and am offered invoice from several dealerships. That is around 3500 USD below sticker.
Will my residual value after 3 years with the 2004 be less than when I buy a 2005. In othger words is it worth it or am I able to get more rebate or should I negotiate a 200 USD rebate on a 2005 and forget about a 2005?

BTW when do the 2005's arrive?

Regards
Marco

2002 Boxster S
2002 X5

·
Registered
292 Posts
Marcopolo said:
Hi Fxers,

I am new to the site and have some questions.
I like to buy a 2004 FX and am offered invoice from several dealerships. That is around 3500 USD below sticker.
Will my residual value after 3 years with the 2004 be less than when I buy a 2005. In othger words is it worth it or am I able to get more rebate or should I negotiate a 200 USD rebate on a 2005 and forget about a 2005?

BTW when do the 2005's arrive?

Regards
Marco

2002 Boxster S
2002 X5
Hey Marco, welcome to the board.

If you can get a good deal on the '04 and it has the options you want, I say go for it especially since there really isn't any differences. Now when I say good deal, I mean at or below invoice. At this point the dealers will be wanting to move vehicles to make room for the '05's.

As far as when they arrive, I am not sure. I figure they should be showing up at dealerships anytime now.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Marcopolo said:
Will my residual value after 3 years with the 2004 be less than when I buy a 2005.
That was something I was wondering as well when I decided to go with the '04 a couple of weeks ago. I called my friend who sells cars and was told that it does not matter if the '04 will be worth less than an '05 four years from now since the residual will be less with the '04.

It came down to the deal and I saved $2,600 CDN by going with the '04.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Punisher,

Thank you for your reply.
I am sorry but I do not understand what you mean. If your depriciation is more on the 2004, then you end up spending more money over the 4 year period.
Lemme be more clear: I guess I can negotiate 1500 - 2000 USD rebate on a 2005, so the real difference between the 2004 and 2005 is 2000 - 3000 USD. My question is whether the 2004, with "1 year extra depreciation under its belt" is worth much less than that difference. Or am I missing something?
Moreover the 2005 seats do not have the wrinkle problem (see treads on the subject).

Regards
Marco

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Marcopolo said:
Moreover the 2005 seats do not have the wrinkle problem (see treads on the subject).
Just to be factual here --> the 2005 seats are not known to be wrinkle free because no one has a 2005 with any significant mileage on it. It's a safe bet since the perforated willow seats are not having problems, but not fact.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Here is my opinion.

For invoice, if you don't mind driving '04 and are gonna finance it, '04 is better choice.

If you're gonna lease it, I would go with '05.

Fx(35)'s resale value is not excellent but ain't that bad.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Marcopolo,

You're right. The '04 will depreciate more BUT it has a lower lease rate to offset that (at least up here).
With that being equal the only thing that will not be equal is the flexibility in price between an '04 and '05.
Since they are willing to negotiate more on the '04 my lease turned out to be $55/month cheaper on the '04.

Make more sense?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts