Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any aftermarket products out to protect the top of the rear bumber?

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
I think the Murano has a cover ($40?) and I remember someone was able to modify it to fit (not sure how well though - go search FA). I also think MustGoFastR installed a piece of clearbra on his rear bumper -- which is probably your best bet.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Clear bra. They typically use thicker material for that area as well (12 mil, I believe). I have it on mine.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
some people at FA spoke about a modified murano piece and a chrome one from a vw, but then the post died out before any pictures were posted. can any of you who know these posters help them with a picture? thanks.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
a bump to see if it might be available for '05 , and retro to "03?

·
Registered
662 Posts
When I was in NYC a week ago, I saw many different types of bumper guards with makers names on. Probably some NYC FXers can help youguys on this issue.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I have contacted the co. that produces the body side molding for us, to see if they would produce a molding protector for the top of our rear bumpers. If we show enough interest they will, since the FX is in its 3rd year of production. You may want to call Jim and let him know : http://www.dawn-ent.com/molding/index.html - (they can even be color-coded/but that would defeat the purpose) ~ YOU MUST MAKE THE CALL TO EXPRESS INTEREST, as they don't monitor our site. Thank you.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Depending on price I might be interested, I keep looking at the one on my Lexus and think it doesn't detract from the look at all... no protection on that part is begging for scratches if you use the trunk at all.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Unless you'll be able to stand on the bumper guard, I wouldn't want it. I don't think that would be possible in the FX bumpers case. I'm 6'4" tall so I wouldn't need to stand on it either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts