Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a question about the fog lights…in RU_MATRX’s post originally dated 9/26/04 he, quite efficiently, listed the bulbs used in his bulb upgrade mod…

-------------------------------------

RU_MATRX Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:25 pm Post subject:

jimsbmw and all,

As requested, I summarized the list of OEM bulb types as well as the upgrades I installed in my FX45 (parenthesis) for your reference. Please note that all LEDs were purchased from superbrightleds.com and reference their catalog#s. SuperbrightLEDs manufacture their own high-quality LEDs in Flourissant , MO. here in the USA.

Infiniti FX45/35:

High-low beam: HID-D2S (8000K Xetronic HID-DS2)
Parking/Clearance Light: 7443 (7443-15 LED WHITE)
Fog-Driving Light: 9006 (9006/HB4 PIAA Super Plasma Spark Blues 7500K)
Front Turn Signal: 7440 (7440 Stealth Chrome/Amber) - You can also go with the LED 7440 equivalent with a load resistor kit.
License Plate: 168 (Type 194/168 WLED-6 WHITE)
Back-up Light: 921 (921 WLED-9 WHITE)
Front/Rear Sidemarker: 194 (Type 194/168 Matching Amber/Red WLED-6 soon)
Map Light: 3175 (3022 4-LED Festoon WHITE)
Dome Light: 3175 (3022 4-LED Festoon WHITE)
Trunk/Cargo: 3175 (3022 4-LED Festoon WHITE)
Other opera lights: 3175 (3022 4-LED Festoon WHITE)

Any other lights such as the rear tailights, 3rd brake light, etc. that aren't referenced here already have LEDs as OEM equipment. Also, I've taken the time to add description headers to every pic which I have posted. You'll notice that there are larger# LEDs available from superbrightleds for some of these bulb types, but I've already experimented or checked their specs. They become too big to fit into the light housing even though the base are the same. More LEDS=greater brightness/intensity. I went with the largest # of LEDs I could here so these are optimized!

Cumulatively, I hope this makes it much easier for everyone to choose/experiment with the bulbs that they like on their FXs.

Have fun and good luck!

------------------------------------

My question is as follows…which of the pics below would be the fog light bulbs I should buy? One of them says HB and the other says H4, and they’re both 9006, and this makes me totally confused…

Also, i read on the post about all the different bulbs however i cannot find License Plate: 168 (Type 194/168 WLED-6 WHITE) on superbrightleds.com anywhere....looks like the wled-6 does not come in white, however the wled-5 wide angled does, so this made me a little confused, let me know if i'm not understanding something...thanks

sudip

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
You will need the 9006's which are also referred to as HB for the fogs

H4's are totally different bulbs

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but they're both 9006, here are the descriptions of each of them right from the ordering sites...

bulb1: SKU: H290 - Lighting - Bulbs - PIAA Bulbs Japan - PIAA HB3/4 (9006/9005) Plasma Spark Blue 55W=100W 7500K. Box includes 2 bulbs. Purplish tint. Manufacturer offers 3 month warranty.

bulb2: 7045 - H290 PIAA Headlight Bulbs - PIAA 7500K 9006 Plasma Spark Blue Headlight Bulbs 55W = 100W 7500K Twin Pack Headlight Bulbs

I know that traditionally H4's, and H3's are totally different type of bulbs, however these are 9006 HB/H4? doesn't make sense...

maybe i'n dense...

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
I moved since this is a mod :D

·
Registered
325 Posts
OK, this diagram should clear any confusion:

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
actually that clears it up very well...thanks i'm putting in my bulb order tonight!!!

·
Registered
549 Posts
pidus said:
My question is as follows…which of the pics below would be the fog light bulbs I should buy? One of them says HB and the other says H4, and they’re both 9006, and this makes me totally confused…

Also, i read on the post about all the different bulbs however i cannot find License Plate: 168 (Type 194/168 WLED-6 WHITE) on superbrightleds.com anywhere....looks like the wled-6 does not come in white, however the wled-5 wide angled does, so this made me a little confused, let me know if i'm not understanding something...thanks
Hi pidus:

I listed "Fog-Driving Light: 9006 (9006/HB4 PIAA Super Plasma Spark Blues 7500K)," so you'd want the "HB" version. As e39ng's diagram points out, the HB/HB4 version of the 9006 incorporates the angled connector that's commonly used here in the States.

In regards to the license plate lights, they are offered. Sometimes, you need to scroll for the exact color choice of the LED from the pullldown menu. In this case it's a separate line entry for License Plate: 168 (Type 194/168 WLED-6 WHITE). The description and location is here:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/ ... 05&next=50

T13-W6 White LED bulb
12VDC White 6-LED Wedge Base bulb
measure 1 1/8 long by 1/2 inch maximum diameter (194/168 type)
$ 2.99

Also, I recommend the "WLED-6 WHITE," wide-angle 6 LED version over the "WLED-5s," with 4 RADIAL LEDs. I'll explain. I've tried one of each type at the same time on either side of the license plate for comparison purposes along with immediately exchanging them on one socket to see a perceptible difference. The WLED-6 is slightly brighter with better light dispersion since all 6 LEDs focuse down on the license plates. The WLED5, on the other hand, has 1 larger center LED pointing towards the license plate, but 4 RADIAL LEDs pointing to the sides of the housing, so it makes sense that the lighting isn't focusing as well onto the license plate. My pics that you have seen would be with the WLED-6 WHITEs which I ended-up going with.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that was a great explanation, i eventually found all of the bulbs used in your installation and placed my order, i cannot wait to get them, thanks for the great advice!!!

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok, i got my led's and i installed everything except the "sidemarker" leds, where do these exactly go, i have no clue...and how do i get in there

also how do i change the bulbs on the bottom of the doors (under the pop out pocket in the front doors and approx same location in the rears), what led do i use, is it the same 3022 4-led festoons?, i'd like to make these white as well but i don't know how to open the stupid light cover...i tried for 45 mins...there's nowhere for a screwdriver to pry it open...i cannot get a good grip with my fingers....it cannot be a lost cause...there must be some solution...ahhhhhh

on a happier note i got my all season mats from grubbs and put them in.....ohhhhh looks good

my mods are coming along slowly...this weekend...xm radio

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i found out that the door bulbs are the same festoon bulbs, now the only problem is how to open the light compartment to gain access to the bulb....any suggestions anyone....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts