Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed on my Silver FX and am liking the looks. I notice most pics on this forum don't have them on. Any issues with them?

·
Registered
551 Posts
hello.
did you notice a big highway speed noise reduction ?

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FX Driver said:
Let's see a photo.
Here you go. Installed yesterday in Oklahoma, driven 700 miles back home to Mississippi. I did notice a slight reduction in noise. More importantly, very little bug carcass on the windshield!

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
It looks like it's sporting a mustache.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i personally would do the clear applied bra instead.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
The clear bra or Colgan bra protects different areas and would work in conjunction with the bug defelctor. As it's name implies, the deflector's primary function is to alter aerodynamics, thereby deflecting bugs over the windshield; the fact that it protects the hood is a fringe benefit. I may pick one up just to put on for road trips (already have the clear bra).

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey, you should name your car "Groucho"!!

I really like the look though. Is that an OEM FX accessory?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
particlefx said:
Does it attach to the hood on the underside and does it touch the top surface of the hood anywhere?
They give you little squares of clear bra material that are applied to the hood where it clamps down (little padded thumb screws). Your paint is protected.

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CDR said:
Hey, you should name your car "Groucho"!!

I really like the look though. Is that an OEM FX accessory?
Yep, OEM. At first all the clamps & screws looked intimidating to assemble. Turns out a very easy install.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
does anybody have pictures of one on liquid copper?

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
hey fins i'm stuck on instruction #5 - it speaks about a bumper stop included with kit, does this go next to, or in place of the one already under the hood at that location?

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
PINITI-FX said:
hey fins i'm stuck on instruction #5 - it speaks about a bumper stop included with kit, does this go next to, or in place of the one already under the hood at that location?

PINITI-FX,
the bumper stop replaces the original.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
thanks fins , i wish they made that clearer in the instructions - it does become obvious only after you remove them.

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
not a problem

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Salsa said:
So, I would get the clear bra and bug deflector from my local Infiniti dealer? Thanks.

I'd suggest finding a local clear bra installer yourself. Dealers charge out the @ss for it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
Salsa said:
So, I would get the clear bra and bug deflector from my local Infiniti dealer? Thanks.

I'd suggest finding a local clear bra installer yourself. Dealers charge out the @ss for it.
OK, then, so I still go to the Infiniti dealer for the bug deflector? Thanks.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts