Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done a search and found a lot of people complaining about "bubbling seats". I would like to collect a summary of the following:

How many of you have or had "bubbling seats" problems? (specify year and leather color)
1. krzys4 ('04 graphite 3K miles)

How many of you do not have this problem at all? (specify year and leather color)

How many of you went to othe dealer and were told that "bubbling seats" is normal "wear & tear" condition?

How many of you had "bubbling seats" fixed by the dealer?

How many of you had "bubling seats" fixed, only for the problem to re-occur?

Those who had the seats fixed by the dealer, how did you approach them about the issue (i.e. what did you tell them that made them fix it)?

By answering these questions, we will be able to track this problem and see whether Infiniti is addressing the issue or not...
Thanks
Kris

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
this is a common issue with folks with the 03 and 04 model year graphite. in 05 they have changed things for (what i think) is the better. the new perf seats have not only different leather (i.e.. seems sturdier), but they have perforations, more padding under the leather, and it seems to be stitched tighter.

so far mine are looking much better. on my 03 i had signs of bubbling in the passenger seat right after i bought it, but they went away once the person was not sitting in there for a while. i also put a lot of zaino leather in a bottle on them to keep them pliant.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
kris,

many people have had the leather replaced only to have this happen again. i think there is only two solutions to this and i would suggest talking to the GSM about it first and have him be your liason to the service dept.

(1) have them replace the leather, but also have them add an addtl layer of padding under it. this is the only thing that ive seen that works on a leather reaplacement. otherwise you are just pushing the same issue back 6 months or so.

(2) have them replace the entire seat with an '05 seat :) this ,of course, is nearly impossible as you would have to have a smahed up FX somewhere to swap with :p

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
krzys4 said:
How many of you do not have this problem at all? (specify year and leather color)
1. msu79gt82 - ('04 Willow 5500 miles)
msu79gt82 - Do not have this problem at this time - ('04 Willow 5500 miles)

PS: You may want to add your mileage

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
'03, 33Kmi, Brick, no bubbles, wouldn't care anyway.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Look a Kenny wannabe, check out the front lic. plate :lol:

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
PINITI-FX said:
check out the front lic. plate
I know who that is! ("EffEcks" from FA!)

·
Registered
30 Posts
i had bubbling with my 04 willow at about 1000k miles. had it fixed not too long ago. it seems to be better but now there is some wrinkle instead; just a little not a big problem.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
kcrudup said:
PINITI-FX said:
that plate isnt real is it? he should be giving you royalties for that ;)

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
kcrudup said:
PINITI-FX said:
That's O.K. Kenny, one thing you both have in common is both of your "Stalls" have alot of curves :lol:

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
bradical said:
that plate isnt real is it? he should be giving you royalties for that ;)
Heh. It's all good- he let me know he bit off my "deny, deny, deny" stance. I consider it an "homage". :)

·
Registered
599 Posts
03 Brick leather, 36600 miles. Getting my seat leather replaced next friday.

It was bubbling already when I bought the car but the serv manager then said it was normal. Only when I brought it in at 36000 miles and asked him abt it did he say it was a common problem and all he could do was order new leather.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
folks,

i wanted to post some preliminary thoughts on seat bubbling and the '05 changes.

i have about 500 miles on the 45 now and i have to say that the new cushion bottoms are in perfect condition. my 03 graphite seats had bubbling (only in passenger) from almost from the get-go.

even though my old seat bubbling was really an insignificant thing to ME, i still noticed it.

the new design is holding up perfectly so far, and i can tell that the leather is different enough that ,at the most , it might get flat spots over time, but no "bubbling" as before.

for a baseline, i weight 240 pounds (lots of muscle :lol:) so im no lightweight on these new seats.

i know that DCD did some testing of the new M45 and there was some depressions in the perf seats on that, but these are perfect on mine (maybe becuase of the smaller cushion areas with the split on the bottom, etc).

my 2 cents for any prospective buyers...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.