Infiniti FX Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,700 Posts
The coverlay just covers the dash with a thick vinyl. Not that attractive in my opinion. Buying a new one is basically a dealership only thing so be prepared to pay $1500 US for the part alone. If you get them to install it add $1000.

I suppose you could try a wrecker but finding one in good condition will be tough.

I plan on replacing or re-upholstering mine this spring as it is just starting to bubble at a few spots.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah - not lookin to just mask It - the car is in such beautiful shape - I'd rather get the real deal and fix it right...

The search begins.... lol

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mine is bubbling to in a very small spot above the air vents, and it is the only defect with my vehicle also. My car is very pristine. Only 77k Winter stored miles and flawless. But for its overall worth value, going to live with it. Not willing to sink 1K-2K into a vehicle only worth 7K....

·
Premium Member
1,700 Posts
Mine is bubbling to in a very small spot above the air vents, and it is the only defect with my vehicle also. My car is very pristine. Only 77k Winter stored miles and flawless. But for its overall worth value, going to live with it. Not willing to sink 1K-2K into a vehicle only worth 7K....
I am in exactly the same spot as you are but I really can't stand looking at the little bubble spots and know that they are just going to get worse. My car has 125000 Km (about 78K miles). Still drives very nicely, solid and beautiful, at least to me.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts