Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got around to do the deed and I still need to do another coat. But here's what I've done so far...

Dawn Wash
Clay Bar
Z7 Wash
50/50 mixture of Z2pro/Z5
Z6

Now I'm off to lunch and I'll do another
Z6
Z6
and a finale of Z8

After one coat it looks great but I want it to be amazing... :D

Had a guy stop and admire the FX as I was doing this. If he stayed much longer I was going to hand him some zaino to help out. :lol:

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Arms are currently being held up by the keyboard tray...

:lol: :lol:

Did the following after the 6 hr break:

Z6

Never had time to do everything I wanted today but it's looking beautiful. Not sure, but I think my girlfriend left midway through the second layer. :lol:

Tomorrow after work I'll do the following layers:
z2pro
z6
z8

Then I should be done. Hopefully my expectations aren't set too high after all this work. Still need to do the interior but that can be done anytime.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
RIght on! I also did my 1st round of Zaino washing/treatment this weekend. Did both my silver 04 FX, and wife's dark blue sedan- Makes the FX look (and feel- YIKES!- slick as soapy glass!!) great, but I'm amazed at the difference on dark a color! No swirls! QUITE the reflection!

Can only type with one hand- arms too sore to pick nose... But worth it!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I think the benefit of having a dark colored car is that Zaino gives it a great shine vs. having a silver one.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, if I want to apply multiple coats over several days (obviously) am I right in saying the following:

I can just rinse off the car (no dawn or clay bar) and dry
Apply z2pro or z5, z6 or z8

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
h00kemh0rns said:
I can just rinse off the car (no dawn or clay bar) and dry
Right, no dawn, no clay, but you'd probably want to clean your car before applying another coat... either some type of cleaning (Z-7 wash) or you could go over it with a round of Z-6 spray and wipe.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool, thanks Shady...wasn't sure if I should use the z7 or not. It's been kept up since sunday but I never got around to getting more coats on like I wanted.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Its like CRACK man.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:lol: The only crack I'm familiar addicted to is currently asleep on my couch...and she ain't waking for my addiction... :twisted:

Sucks this weekend is rainy here in Austin...can't get a good zaino in...

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
h00kemh0rns said:
:lol: The only crack I'm familiar addicted to is currently asleep on my couch...and she ain't waking for my addiction... :twisted:

Sucks this weekend is rainy here in Austin...can't get a good zaino in...
You have a garage? That is the best place to wash and Zaino bro.

If the addiction hits you too hard( not the crack on the couch) you will find a way. Oh yes, you will find a way. Too bad I do not live in Austin, You could come to my house and we would share the zaino. wipe, wipe, pass....wipe, wipe, pass

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I actually don't think zaino is that bad after you get past the first time...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Zaino detailing?

ok im a "newbie" to this site and the fx just bout a 05 fx45 w/ tech/prem/ent. package i see a lot of the posts about this zaino stuff.....ill read on but where do i get it? joe (pictures cummin soon!)

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
h00kemh0rns said:
Forget what I said as my arms disagree with the above statement right now. FX can bring down an airplane with the reflective shine and my arms touch the ground when I stand. Not to mention the throbbing in my forearms... :lol:

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
h00kemh0rns said:
h00kemh0rns said:
Forget what I said as my arms disagree with the above statement right now. FX can bring down an airplane with the reflective shine and my arms touch the ground when I stand. Not to mention the throbbing in my forearms... :lol:
You must be doing something wrong, or putting too much into it, cause we just knocked off both of these yesterday. Z7 wash, Dry, complete Z2, Z6 + the interiors. No worries :shock:
Maybe you got the wrong music or the wrong Beer :roll:

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Music is good, beer is even better, maybe I'm just z-insane:

z7, z5, z6, z2pro, z6, z8, meguires hot shine tires and trim, stoners glass...
then did the interior, meguires leather wipes, stoners glass, cockpit cleaner from waynes

:D

·
Registered
624 Posts
Finally did mine this weekend. While the Z2/Z5 was drying, I did the Z9 and Z10 on the interior leather. I'm very happy with the results. It did a great job removing the toddler footprints and months of spilled juice. Anybody else see great results from multiple coats on DG? Time is always short for me (toddler), so if a weekly coat gets the same results as a bunch at once, that's my path.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
bazooka said:
Finally did mine this weekend. While the Z2/Z5 was drying, I did the Z9 and Z10 on the interior leather. I'm very happy with the results. It did a great job removing the toddler footprints and months of spilled juice. Anybody else see great results from multiple coats on DG? Time is always short for me (toddler), so if a weekly coat gets the same results as a bunch at once, that's my path.
Weekly, semi-monthly or even Monthly or bi-monthly, with Zaino - it's all good! :D Man, I'd love to see that FX of yours, where's Schnecksville? ...c'mon down to dutch/amish country, outlet centers abound.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.