Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1st Anniversary date is coming up on Monday the 8th, and I've been wanting to get my car fully detailed for a while now- the whole works (wax-off wash, clay, Zaino x 3, interior w/Lexol). But, I didn't have the time that everyone said takes to do it myself (nor a location to do so). So, as I'd reported before, I called Ira at Zaino's Los Angeles distributor, and asked him to give me the names of some detailers that bought product from him.

The one I picked is this guy in Long Beach- Stephen Murphy, 562-433-6902. MAN, he did a wonderful job, and I can't recommend him highly enough. For anyone else in the LA or OC areas who'd like a Zaino detailer, this is your man. He did the exterior, even buffed out the fogging that's been on my HIDs since delivery(!), Lexol'ed my interior and my car looks great! His price was reasonable, too.

Love that Zaino shine!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More pics

Attachments

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
well, now that you have the base on there kenny, you can add a thin coat now and then yourself in less than an hour.

in fact, sometimes i just slap a couple of coats some on my hood and that only takes 15 minutes. helps keeps the water spots off and a shiny hood is really nice to look at

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bradical said:
well, now that you have the base on there kenny, you can add a thin coat now and then yourself in less than an hour.
Thin coat of which? I'm not familiar with what each Zaino formulation does.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Z-2 polish.

it took me a few applications to realize that when they say "thin"..they mean "thin".

if you use a tiny bit and spread it really thin, it looks just as good and it applies faster and it is 100 times easier to remove after it hazes.

but if you dont feel like doing this youself, have your guy do the main zaino for you every now and then and i recommend that you buy a bottle or two of the stuff called "Z-6". it is great for super quick detailing and it makes a zaino finish shine and become smooth and slippery. its in a spray bottle (like windex) and its good for quick wipe down between washes, etc..

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Wash with Z7, after drying apply an ever so light, barely visible coat of Z2, buff off, then mist Z6. :D Enjoy your favorite beverage before, during or after with your favorite lady. (or any combination thereof) 8) ...or just spray on/wipe off Z6 between washes! ~ Way to go Kenny, now get your fronts tinted. :roll:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Lookin good!!

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Sweeeeeeeeeeeet! 8)

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
great shine there. gotta love that Zaino 8)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Gorgeous job. Any idea what he used on the tires? I can't seem to find anything that looks that good or stays on the tires for any length of time.
Thanks!
8)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Bro, for some reason I can't see the pics, is something wrong with the server or is it my crap?

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
How much did he charge for the whole job?

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
FXGAL said:
Any idea what he used on the tires?
I can find out. But here at the local car-washes, they use what I suspect is *rm*r-*ll (can't use profanity on InfinitiFX, ya see :)) tire shine, and that lasts a few days.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lovett said:
Bro, for some reason I can't see the pics, is something wrong with the server or is it my crap?
I used the board's native uploader, so perhaps it's on your end? I can put 'em up and make 'em links if you still can't see 'em after ... I dunno, I don't use Windows ... a cookie refresh or something?

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
FXECUTIVE said:
How much did he charge for the whole job?
Well, he cut me a break in return for telling folks about him (I personally can't believe I had to go thru that much trouble to find a local Zaino detailer- I'm going to E-mail Sal and tell him the site should have recommendations for same). It's best to call him for his prices, I really don't remember what he started me off at. Mobile Master Detailing, the phone's in the first post.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
As luck would have it, it rained today in LA. What's the DIY procedure now? Does Zaino stay on if I got a regular car wash?

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
OOOpppsss.......Kenny, I think you have to start all over again............oh, wait, you didn't let the rainwater dry ON the FX didya? :oops: aahhh man, i don't even wanna tell ya, but .......

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
zaino will last for at least 6 months. it lasts much longer than wax.

going to a carwash is ok, just dont do spray on wax.

the best thing to do (if you ever want to wash yourself) is to use the Z-7 caswash concentrate as it is made to clean the zaino surface and "revive" the polymer layer for longer lasting coverage.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts