Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was talking to the dealer about my steering wheel shimmy/vibration during braking, and found out that the brakes and rotors are NOT covered under warranty, even though this is a brand new car, with sporty pretensions.

OK so I figure if im going to pay for them anyway, I may as well go the aftermarket route and install maybe a Brembo rotor and pad kit?

Can anyone suggest another brand of rotors and pads besides brembo, that will give me consistent smooth, shudder free stops for a decent price?

Thanks in advance for your help...

--GeminiSky

Report this post

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
Any stockish rotors. The pad is what's most important. The pad leaves a deposit on the rotor causing the shudder that you're experiencing. People commonly refer to that as "warped rotors" when, in reality, it's brake pad deposits on the rotors.

Look at Carbotech pads... www.ctbrakes.com. I have a set of Bobcat compound on my FX and love them. I'm going to be installing ss lines as well soon and I think that will improve the feel as well as braking force. Dragging the brakes will also help facilitate pad deposit

1 - 4 of 4 Posts