Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The brake warning light on my 09 has been going on intermittently. It's possible, but not untirely sure, that it flashes on a minute or so after starting.

My brake fluid is at max so I don't think it's that.

I found this related thread (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=23439&hilit=brake+light+stays+on) for 1st gen which says to check the e-brake pedal position sensor. I stuck my head up there but couldn't see any "box". It's possible I have to go in further but I got a huge head (lol).

I attached a pic...can someone please help me find this "box"? Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
Have you checked your pads? This light also indicates pad wearing if paired with traction control flash.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi pgonza02,

Thanks for your reply.

I haven't checked the pads. I do get traction control flash but not at the same time as the brake warning light.
The traction control flash seems to happen at expected times, for example, when making a quick turn.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I was having similar issues and my traction light was coming on even when no skidding. I checked the fluid and it was normal.
Dealer told me that sometimes it "flushed around" when moving so they topped it off and went away. They also checked the pads for wear as they say that can cause these symptoms. Supposedly that's the way to let you know you need to change the pads. Don't know why they can't just flash a "pads low" message on either of the info displays.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wouldn't you also get an audible squeal (even when not breaking) to signal the need for changing brake pads?

I thought that was the signal?

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
When pads are low there is more fluid in the brake lines from the reservoir since all the caliper pistons are out further than normal. Thus the drop in level of brake fluid. Remember the reservoir doesnt hold much, so an extra ounce out in the brake lines can bring the sensor below its trigger point.

·
Registered
101 Posts
93til said:
Wouldn't you also get an audible squeal (even when not breaking) to signal the need for changing brake pads?

I thought that was the signal?
In my case the breaks were not squealing. I only have about 13k miles on the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts