Infiniti FX Forum banner

BRAKE VIBRATION

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  mushutofu 
#1 ·
Was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I have had my rotors supposedly replaced and about 2 weeks later it started happening again...Only when slowing on the Hwy at a exit or if you do some spirited driving.. Thanks
Phil
03'FX-35

#2 ·
Mine is starting to do that....at 3050 miles...Infiniti is about to get a call.....
When the car is cool, do this....run your nail along the rotor...WHEN ITS COOLED OFF ADEQUATELY....do you feel any bumps on the rotors? Do they look like glass/mirror/shiny (meaning, they may be warping)? And finally, have your tires/wheel re-balanced....

Just some ideas...
Alex

#3 ·
I'm at 23000 miles and felt this for the first time when I was around 20000 miles. It happened only when I decided to test out my brakes on the highway slowing very quickly from 85mph to 40mph (toll booth was just ahead so I wasn't slowing down in the middle of the highway).

Well it slowed down perfectly but after I did that i could feel some vibrations when I used the brakes. I thought I heated up the brakes too fast by slowing down so quickly after having driven a long time at 85.

It doesn't do it now though. I haven't changed my rotors or anything. Brake performance doesn't seem decreased or anything either. I'm not worrying for now.

#4 ·
Your rotors are warped. The TL had alot of issues with this. Normally if you got 20K miles out of your rotors thats pretty good. Just get it resurfaced.
My TL had 3K miles and was doing that. The dealer resurfaced my rotors but once you do that they don't last that long. If this happens to me I'm gonna junk my stock rotors and get some Rotora rotors. Very Very nice and reasonably priced!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.