Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
forgive me for my car knowledge is poor :p

so my dealership wants to do "brake service" (clean calipers, etc...nothing mentioned about machining the rotors) as part of my 24k km service.

is the brake service really necessary at this mileage? i don't have any issues with the brakes.

thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
Possibly but it depends on how much you use your brakes. How much are they asking for and what is included in the service? "Cleaning calipers" is bogus. Get a list of what they're planning on doing and how much it's going to cost because, chances are, at only 24k km, all they'll be doing is "inspecting" stuff which is still bogus. If they're going to be changing pads, that's a bit of a stretch that they need to be replaced already but POSSIBLE (depending on driving style) Anything above and beyond that I would say is BS. I'm at 33k miles and all I've done is replace the pads for a more aggressive street pad and the stock pads that came off had 1/2 pad left (replaced around 30k miles)

The dealership sees a gullible victim and they're going to try to get away with murder. Tell the dealer that you get the calipers cleaned every time it rains!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I just had all my break pads replaced since I bought the FX 5 years ago and one rotor machined (since it was metal to metal) at 65k mi. for $470. And I use my breaks very heavily. So I doubt you need to have it done at 24k mi.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts