Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings.

I am new here, but already in love with the FX. I bought a lightly used 2009 FX35 and absolutely love the car. I do have one problem. Maybe.

When at a stop and about to go, I release the brake and the brakes loudly crack as they release as I get moving. It seems like they stick at first for a moment before they release.

The dealer said it is normal with performance brakes. Is he full of .....? Is there a problem there?

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
marous said:
The dealer said it is normal with performance brakes. Is he full of .....? Is there a problem there?
I'm pretty sure he's full of what you THINK he's full of... take it to another dealer and see what THEY have to say about it and then NEVER go back to the first dealer...

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
woah, that's definitely a problem, not just because you have performance brakes...

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
If you were using true performance brakes with your somewhat high performance brakes and you were really beating on the car, you'd get that problem. The tech at your dealer is thinking the brakes are more than they actually are. I'd definitely get a second opinion. Do you use your emergency brake a lot? That could be sticking. The piston within the caliper could be sticking too.

But you're likely not to see this since you haven't been here since you posted 2 weeks ago

·
Registered
52 Posts
marous said:
Greetings.

I am new here, but already in love with the FX. I bought a lightly used 2009 FX35 and absolutely love the car. I do have one problem. Maybe.

When at a stop and about to go, I release the brake and the brakes loudly crack as they release as I get movingIt seems like they stick at first for a moment before they release.
My brakes only behave like that when the tires are wet - usually during the rain time driving. I thought that every car's brakes stick slightly to the wet surface of the resin. Let me know what the 2nd dealer said.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts