Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i noticed that the brake pedal has about an inch of play before the brakes actually kick in. it seems like it is a bit loose when i touch the brake pedal. like i said, there is about an inch where i can press the pedal and then u can feel the brake pedal get a bit tighter and the brakes start to work. its hard to explain, but basically u can press the pedal and it wont do anything, and then u can press the pedal a bit more and then it feels like a normal brake pedal. if u understand, then help me out, if not, then i guess i'm retarded...hahaha...anyway, thanks for all the help i really appreciate it! if it shouldnt be the way it is, i am going in to get an oil change this weekend and i will tell the dealer to fix it

·
Registered
882 Posts
try checking your brake fluid level...how many miles do you have on your current brakes? Maybe its time to change your pads.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
checked the fluid and its good...just picked the truck up last week...less than 1000 kilometers so the brakes cant be bad

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
dickie, please dont double post (same with your exhaust question).

There isnt that much play with mine. Have your dealer check it out.

·
Registered
31 Posts
dickie said:
i noticed that the brake pedal has about an inch of play before the brakes actually kick in. it seems like it is a bit loose when i touch the brake pedal. like i said, there is about an inch where i can press the pedal and then u can feel the brake pedal get a bit tighter and the brakes start to work. its hard to explain, but basically u can press the pedal and it wont do anything, and then u can press the pedal a bit more and then it feels like a normal brake pedal. if u understand, then help me out, if not, then i guess i'm retarded...hahaha...anyway, thanks for all the help i really appreciate it! if it shouldnt be the way it is, i am going in to get an oil change this weekend and i will tell the dealer to fix it
dickie -- you have exactly described my issue with my 2004 fx 35 brakes!!! I had it in to the dealer after a month - and they said the brakes were normal. When I originally got in this fx before purchasing - I noticed that the brakes were a little different -- I thought it was seat position or my imagination. After purchasing the vehicle - I thought it was a problem also. I have a 2004 durango with ABS and discs all around and the pedal is much more responsive and harder. Let me know what the dealer says please!

·
Registered
186 Posts
The brakes may need to be bleeded(sp)!. Pads may be normal fluid levels might be aswell but ther might be some air in the lines

1 - 6 of 6 Posts