Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brakes have been getting weaker and weaker and i kept checking the fronts and they had plenty of pad left so I ignored it. I never bothered to check rears figuring fronts will go first, well I was wrong and the backs are done. This normal?

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
I'm not an expert by any means, but that would explain the discrepancy in wear betweeen front and rears, if the fronts weren't working properly and forcing the rears to do the majority of the work, logically I suppose it would lead to a condition like the one you have.

Should be under warranty IMO, even the pads which are normally a wear and tear item.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I had my rear pads replaced but I can still feel that my front ones are getting thin. Mine is built in Nov. of 2003(bought in March) and has 24.5k miles on it.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Rears wearing faster than fronts is evidently par-for-the-course with FXen; it's due to the VDC's "brake-dynamic system". Don't sweat it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.